Creating Episode Pages
- Go to the Episodes Category page. Click on the placeholder link for the new episode.
- On the placeholder page, click the "Move" tab. Specify the name of the new episode page (S.E Episode Title (episode)), click 'Move page'.
- On the new page you've just created, click the edit tab and remove the existing placeholder text.
- Go to the 'edit' page of the previous episode and copy & paste the 'code' from that ep into the new one's edit window. This will make sure you cover all the bases you need to, and save you having to go and copy the template again.
- Edit in the content for the new episode. There are a number of 'tangent' pages you'll need to create and other bits of info you'll need to look up:
Pad of Definitions
- Go to http://supernatural.warnerbros.com/
- Click on the notepad under the passenger seat in the car. This should bring up the Pad of Definitions.
- Go to the entries for the latest episode and transcribe them.
- On the Super-wiki page for the new episode, list the exact titles of the defintions as page links.
- When you've saved (or previewed) the episode page, click on those to-edit links to create new pages for those definitions (paste in your transcriptions). You may want to use the same technique of copying & pasting an existing definition into the edit window and replacing bits with your new content to make sure the format for all of them is consistent.
- Don't forget to edit the Categories too.
The download links from Amazon/iTunes may stay the same, but the imdb one links directly to the listing for that episode. You can find this page by going to the main Supernatural listing then following the links from the 'Season' item in the listing.
Use a promotional shot from the episode to illustrate it in the Infobox.
- Go to http://super.emedian.net or http://supernatural.tv (beware - both sites are sometimes not so scrupulous with not displaying thumbnails or mentions of spoilers on their front pages)
- Locate the gallery of promo images for the new episode; pick one that illustrates it best.
- Upload it to the wiki.
- If you've copied & pasted the code from a previous episode; simply change the file name in the infobox code to reflect the one you've just uploaded.
--Angstslashhope 02:58, 22 April 2007 (PDT)