Comic-Con 2017 is being held July 20-23, 2017 in San Diego.
Supernatural will again have a panel in Hall H on the Sunday of the convention, beginning at 10.30am.
Check out this pup-dorable video for all the WB shows at Comic-Con.
- 1 Schwag
- 2 Events
- 3 General Coverage
- 4 Supernatural Sunday
- 5 Spoilers
- 6 Links
- Jared and Jensen feature on one of four Comic-Con TV Guide Covers. They are available for free at SDCC, and on sale throughout the US at the usual outlets.
- Warner Brothers will distribute limited-edition collectible keycards including Supernatural designs at top hotels throughout the San Diego.
- Supernatural will feature as one the designs on the free Comic Con bags.
Cinequest is at Booth #4539. The following items are available at SDCC and also via mail for non-attendees.
- Cinequest annual SDCC Exclusive Supernatural "Road Trip to San Diego" T-shirt - $25
- Red variant set of pewter Supernatural pins - $30
Monogram International is at Booth #3645
Jared and Jensen will be appeared on the Conan O'Brien Comic Con show at San Diego on Wednesday July 19th. Jared ended up doing a keg stand to celebrate his birthday!
- Be your own superhero: Intersectional feminism in comics moderated by Sam Maggs. Panel includes Robbie Thompson. 12:00pm - 1:00pm Room 32AB
- Robbie Thompson will be signing at the Marvel Booth from 4.00 to 4.45pm
- The Psychology of Cult TV panel includes Lyn Zubernis of Fangasm - 8 pm in Room 25ABC
- A Meet-up of our own is a celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Organization for Transformative Works (OTW) and the Archive of Our Own (AO3). Join OTW personnel, supporters, AO3 users, and more for conversation, drinks and complimentary appetizers. 6pm onwards Analog Bar, 801 5th Avenue, San Diego,
- Spiderman and his Amazing friends. Robbie Thompson 10.30 - 11.30am Room 24ABC
- Autographs - Jeffrey Dean Morgan at AMC – Booth #4237 1:45pm – 2:45pm
- Ben Edlund 3:00pm – 4:00pm Sails Pavilion Booth AA07. (Limited signing – drawing for line tickets to be held Friday 9:00am – 10:00am in the autograph area)
- The Tick Panel. Includes creator Ben Edlund. 4:45pm – 5:45pm Room 6A.
- Anti Bullying Panel featuring Genevieve Padalecki 2-3pm Room 28DE
- Supernatural will again have a panel in Hall H on the Sunday of the convention, beginning at 10.30am. Panel will featured Jared, Jensen, Misha, Bob Singer and Andrew Dabb and "a live performance by Kansas of Carry On Wayward Son
- Supernatural autographs at the WB booth. Time and guests tbc
- Robbie Thompson. Signing at the Marvel Booth. 11.00 - 11.45pm
- Raising Heroic Girls Panelists include Aliana Huffman 2:00pm - 3:00pm Grand 1 & 2, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- Twitter coverage of Jared and Jensen on Conan.
- Jared, Jensen and Misha in an hilarious game of 13 questions!
- Robbie Thompson to write Spider-Man vs Deadpool series with artist Chris Bachalo
- GISHWHES Fortune cookie challenge by Heidi T
- Supernatural at Comic Con 2017 by Fangasm
- Cast portrait photos by Robby Klein
- How 'Supernatural' Pulled Off That Comic-Con Surprise With Kansas by Hollywood Reporter
- Confessional by Warner Brothers TV
- Chatting to fans in the Hall H line Pt 1 and Pt 2 by Heidi T
- Misha handing out donuts to Hall L line by Supernatural Conventions
- Kansas by Heidi T
- Kansas by Sydney Bucksbaum
- Kansas by Eric Kurland
- Kansas by John Evangilista
- Kansas by Jessica Moore
- Kansas by Osric Chau
- Panel video by We Live Video
- Fan questions at panel by We Live Video
- Panel video by Flicks and the City
- Panel photos via Seat42F
I have only included reports from different press tables.
- Jared, Jensen and Misha talk Season 13 From Entertainment Weekly
- Andrew Dabb on the possibility of romance for the Winchesters by TVLine
- Misha tweeted that Cass (or Cas) has a future. At Jus In Bello Italy 2017 Jared mentioned that Misha had recorded audio for the animated episode, confirming his returning for season 13.
- At the Upfronts on May 18th, it was announced that in season 13 Supernatural would have an animated episode of Supernatural set in the universe of Scooby-Doo.
- EW reported that Alexander Calvert, who plays the character Jack, has been made a series regular for season 13.
- EW reported that an actor had been cast to play the apocalypse world version of an old character.
Season 13 spoilers from Comic-Con 2017
This is a compilation of the season 13 spoilers from Comic-Con. I’ve taken these from the panel and also the press room. My words not theirs, so don't place too much emphasis on the wording. (HAHA as if fandom would ever do THAT!)
- "At its core it’s a more personal season than the last one" - Bob Singer
- Dean is convinced that Mary is dead, and will be initially unable to process the enormity of his grief over the loss of her and Cas. Other than praying to God for help, he will deal with things by being angry and trying to take action. Unfortunately, the first target in his sights is Jack, and Dean thinks he is so potentially dangerous he should be killed.
- Sam represses his feelings of grief as well, particularly by focusing on Jack. He will be more optimistic about Jack, and his potential humanity. He also sees something of himself in Jack – as he was also the child with demon blood who was meant to be evil. He may have some fear that Dean’s attitude to Jack reflects a deep-seated lingering attitude towards himself.
- Sam points out of course, that Jack is possibly the only way to open the rift the other universe.
- As we saw last season, the brothers’ relationship has evolved to where they are in a much more stable and cooperative phase of their relationship. They do still argue about how to get things done -such as dealing with Jack.
- Both the boys will inevitably need to deal with their feelings at some point.
- When Cas does come back, we find him in a realm that’s been talked about but never seen. He finds himself alone in this realm with only one other companion – another powerful (and handsome) being.
- Cas’ death doesn’t shake Cas that much but it is hugely important for the impact it has on the boys.
- Cas is finally coming to accept that he does belong with the Winchesters, he trusts that now, and it's reciprocal.
- Castiel meets Jack in episode 6.
The Alternate World
- We will see how introducing elements of our world into it, and vice versa, changes each world.
- There will be versions of characters there who have died in our world.
- Mary is alive.
Watch out for…
- The cosmic consequences of Billie the reapers death.
- The Scooby-Doo episode –- the show is nostalgic for Sam and Dean, and the episode becomes personal in difference ways for both of them.
- There is a character called Michael in this season but not the Michael you think.
- There will be some fallout from the British Men of Letters -– they have had some influence on the boys, and they wont have been forgotten.
- Episode 11 is “in the same wheelhouse” as the episode set on the sub but even more ambitious.
Further news on the series was released during Comic-Con 2017. Alongside Kim Rhodes, Briana Buckmaster, Kathryn Newton and Katherine Ramdeen were confirmed for the series along with Clark Backo. The series will be launched through episodes 3, 9 and 10 of season 13 of Supernatural.
- A new character Patience (Clark Backo), the estranged granddaughter of psychic and returning character Missouri Mosely, will be introduced in episode 3 of Supernatural in season 13.
- "Patience Turner, a new member of the Wayward Sisterhood. A high school over-achiever, Patience’s life is turned upside down when she discovers she’s a powerful psychic, a gift she inherited from her estranged grandmother (and season one Supernatural character) Missouri Moseley. Hunted by dark forces for her power, Patience finds refuge with Jody and her wayward family."
Episodes 9 and 10 of Supernatural in season 13 will be the pilot episodes to launch the potential spin-off.