On February 3, 2022 the CW ordered a pilot for the DC series Gotham Knights, The official description of the series reads:
- In the wake of Bruce Wayne's murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman's enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city's most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it's ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors.
The series is being developed by Batwoman writers Chad Fiveash, James Stoteraux and Natalie Abrams, although the series is not a spin-off of that series.
On March 22, Misha announced he would play the role of Harvey Dent, Gotham City's District Attorney who eventually becomes the villain known as Two-Face. Misha said at the Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2022 convention, that he would appear as Harvey Dent for most of the first season, before becoming Two-Face.
Misha had first mentioned the role at Darklight Online Con 2021 when he said he was considering taking a role in a pilot but was hesitant as it filmed in Toronto which was a long way from his home. During the Con he indicated he had accepted the part.
At Salute to Supernatural New Jersey 2022 Misha talked about trying to explain to his kids that the role would mean he was away from home a lot, but they were so excited he was going to be a villain in the Batman universe they didn't care!
The pilot filmed in Toronto in April 2022.
- After shooting the pilot in Toronto, it was announced in June 2022 that the production would be based in Atlanta
- Gotham Knights trailer
- According to FlixPatrol Gotham Knights on 29 April 2022, the show was the fourth most popular TV streaming on Max. It has had fans in a lather due to Misha's sex scenes who have dubbed him Zaddy Dent!
- Misha stated in an interview with Multiverse of Color that they wanted to have Jensen appear as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Although Jensen was very keen, his other filming committments prevented this from happening.
- The future of the show was uncertain, so fans mobilized in a campaign to get the show renewed in a campaign called Renew Gotham Knights. Fans paid for billboards across the country and started a postcard campaign to the network and studio.
- On 12 June 2022, it was announced that the show would not be renewed by The CW.
- Gotham Knights in development at the CW
- Gotham Knights gets pilot order
- One of the cars from Gotham Knights - a black 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood with fake Gotham City plates was stolen.
- Misha has been cast as Harvey Dent/Two Face for the DC show Gotham Knights on the CW. On 24 May 2022, the show was picked up to series by The CW. It will premier mid-season - probably January 2023.
- After shooting the pilot in Toronto, it was announced in June 2022 that the production would be based in Atlanta. In September, Misha arrived in Georgia to start filming and visited a Stacy Abrams rally.
- Gotham Knights trailer
- Renew Gotham Knight's Twitter and their website