John's Cell Phone
Throughout the series, John Winchester's cell phone has had a pivotal role in a number of episodes - even after he is dead.
This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son Dean 866-907-3235. He can help.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Season One
- 1.2 1.04 Phantom Traveler
- 1.3 1.09 Home
- 1.4 1.12 Faith
- 1.5 1.21 Salvation
- 1.6 Season Two
- 1.7 2.02 Everybody Loves a Clown
- 1.8 Season Three
- 1.9 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock
- 1.10 Season Four
- 1.11 4.19 Jump the Shark
- 1.12 Season Five
- 1.13 5.12 Swap Meat
- 1.14 Season Eight
- 1.15 8.01 We Need to Talk About Kevin
- 1.16 Season Fourteen
- 1.17 14.13 Lebanon
- 2 See also
- Jerry Panowski, tells the boys that he got Dean’s cell number from John’s voice mail. The boys are stunned, his cell has been out of service since he went missing. They call the phone and hear John's message. This is the first sign they have that their father is still alive.
- After returning to Lawrence, Dean calls John's cell.
DEAN: Dad? I know I’ve left you messages before. I don’t even know if you’ll get ‘em. But I’m with Sam. And we’re in Lawrence. And there’s something in our old house. I don’t know if it’s the thing that killed Mom or not, but…I don’t know what to do. So, whatever you’re doing, if you could get here. Please. I need your help, Dad.
- After Dean is fatally wounded, Sam calls John.
SAM: Hey, Dad. It’s Sam. Uh…you probably won’t even get this, but, uh….It’s Dean. He’s sick, and uh….the doctors say there’s nothing they can do. Um… but, uh, they don’t know the things we know, right? So, don’t worry, cause, uh….I’m gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. Alright…just wanted you to know.
- After John goes to trade the fake Colt with Meg, Dean calls and gets no answer until Meg finally answers the call and informs the boys she has captured John.
- Sam cracks the voicemail code on 'one of Dad's old phones' and they hear the message from Ellen, which is about four months old:
ELLEN: John, it's Ellen. Again. Look, don't be stubborn, you know I can help you. Call me.
- Dean keeps John's cell phone charged, in case old contacts call. It rings, and the caller informs them about the break-in at John's lock-up.
- A ghoul disguised as Adam Milligan calls one of John's phones that Dean has kept in order to lure John to Windom, Minnesota to kill him. When it finds that John is dead it works to kill Sam and Dean instead.
- Gary, while in Sam's body, throws the collection of John's phones Dean keeps in the Impala into a dumpster, to stop Sam contacting Dean. It is later revealed that Dean was able to retrieve them at some point before leaving town.
- Dean looks through their collection of phones to try to find any new messages involving the past year. John's cell phones can be seen under Sam's phone.
- When John is returned to 2003, he wakes up in the Impala and gets a call from Dean. He picks up his cell phone and tells Dean that he had "one hell of a dream" and that he's on his way back.