no edit summary
* He is also a good cook, as meals he has prepared are complimented by both Sam in [[8.14 Trial and Error]] and Death in [[10.23 Brother's Keeper]].
* He always (until [[5.02 Good God, Y'All]]) wears an [[Dean's Amulet|amulet]] given to him by Sam as a Christmas present in 1991.<ref name="three08">[[3.08 A Very Supernatural Christmas]]</ref>
* He always (until between [[5.07 The Curious Case of Dean Winchester]] and [[5.08 Changing Channels]]) wears [[Dean's Ring|a silver ring]
] [http://saidsamwinchester.tumblr.com/post/34801101145/ooc that used to be his mother's wedding ring].
* In seasons one and two, Dean alternates between wearing two [http://www.spnclothesstyle.com/how-to-dress-like-dean-winchester/deans-accessories bracelets]. One is an African tribal bracelet and may either be a support bracelet from [http://www.invisiblechildren.com Invisible Children], or an elephant hair bracelet, which are believed to protect the wearer and bring them good luck and fortune. The other is a Buddhist mala, or prayer bracelet, whose beads carved in the shape of skulls are used by Tibetan monks during meditation as a [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_mori memento mori].
* In [[3.12 Jus in Bello]] we learn that Sam and Dean got matching tattoos depicting a pentagram that protects them from demonic possession.