The original Death appeared as a very slender, and almost skeleton-like, older man. He would approach any situation in a dry, calm demeanor, never raising his voice or revealing any emotions beyond slight annoyance. Death is initially seen as being catastrophic, but after the re-imprisonment of Lucifer, he returns to his position as the leader of the [[reapers]] as a force for balance in the natural order. Death's knowledge and age are immeasurable, and his power is immense, exceeding that of almost any other entity encountered barring [[God]] and [[the Darkness]] / [[Amara]]. Death also had a fondness for junk food; including bacon dogs, pizza, soda and fried pickle chips.
The original Death also appeared to have a relaxed approach to reaping, allowing Sam and Dean to constantly be resurrected despite the consequences to the natural order. As well as allowing various rogue reapers to operate. With the reaper [[Billie]] taking the mantle of Death, she has instituted a no direct interference policy to all reapers.
===Powers and abilities===
* Immortality - Death is exempt from all forms of pain, fatigue, age, and disease. While an incarnation of Death can be killed, the mantle of Death will move on to the next [[reaper]] to be killed, ensuring that Death will eventually be the only thing to last forever.
* Nigh-Omniscience - Death has an almost absolute awareness of the universe that exceeds that of the archangels, and is only rivaled by God.
* Nigh-Omnipotence - As a primordial being and being the eldest and most powerful member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Death can do almost anything that it desires, possessing a great deal of near infinite supernatural power. Death is so powerful that it is one of the few beings that can enter [[Lucifer's Cage]] without the need of the Rings of the Horsemen. Death is also powerful enough to remove and/or transfer the [[Mark of Cain]]. Death
can even created an eclipse by realigning the Solar System.* [[Resurrection]] - As the bringer of death, Death can resurrect all forms of life back to any state it so desires. Death could bring multiple people back to life just with his passing. However, as it violates the natural order, he almost never does, but under certain situations exceptions can be made.
* Memory manipulation - Death was able to suppress Sam's horrific memories of being in Hell by placing the memories behind a temporary wall he created in his mind.
* [[Teleportation]] - Death can teleport anywhere in the universe instantly. Death could even teleport into and leave Lucifer's Cage without the need of the rings.
* Thermokinesis - Death caused his scythe to burn red-hot in order to make Dean drop it.
* [[Weather]] manipulation - Death is able to create cataclysmic events so harsh that can wipe the Earth clean of any and all life, like he did during Noah's flood. Death was going to wipe out an entire state with massive weather anomalies on Lucifer's orders, but later decided not to do it.