* Apporting - Death was able to summon his scythe to him.
* Immortality - Death is exempt from all forms of pain, fatigue, age, and disease. While an incarnation of Death can be killed, the mantle of Death will move on to the next [[reaper]] to be killed, ensuring that Death will eventually be the only thing to last forever.
* Nigh-Omniscience - Death has an almost absolute awareness of the universe that exceeds that of the archangels, and is only rivaled by God.
* Thermokinesis - Death caused his scythe to burn red-hot in order to make Dean drop it.
* [[Weather]] manipulation - Death is able to create cataclysmic events so harsh that can wipe the Earth clean of any and all life, like he did during Noah's flood. Death was going to wipe out an entire state with massive weather anomalies on Lucifer's orders, but later decided not to do it.
Despite rivaling [[God]]'s power, even Death has a few weaknesses and can even be killed, though only by one method:
his own scythe.
* [[Death's Scythe]] - Death can be killed by
his own scythe.* [[Spells #Death_2|Spells]] - Death can be effectively bound. God kept him imprisoned beneath the Earth for thousands of years for unknown reasons. [[Dean]] and [[Sam]] were able to use a spell given to them by [[Crowley]] to bind him in an attempt to get him to kill [[Godstiel|Castiel]], who had dubbed himself the new "God."