no edit summary
* [[Pseudonyms|Sam's driver's license]] (as seen on the [[Official Site]]) lists '''SEX: F'''
* In [[1.01 Pilot]] [[Dean]] claims he was his own gig, "some voodoo thing down in New Orleans" sometime in early October (in correlation with John leaving "3 weeks" before Dean showed up in Palo Alto on October 31st). Because the Pilot episode was written, cast and filmed in early 2005, and was first aired on September 13 2005, the writers and producers could not have known that on August 28 2005, Hurricane Katrina would hit New Orleans, causing extensive damage to the city, or that on September 24 2005, Hurricane Rita would re-flood the Lower Ninth Ward, once again postponing clean-up and re-population efforts. This would have made it unlikely that Dean would have been there for "some voodoo thing" in early October. He could have been, but it's doubtful. Conversations between Sam/Jared and Ruby/Genevieve in [[6.15 The French Mistake]] suggest Hurricane Katrina may not have happened during ''Supernatural'''s universe as the "real" world is placed within an alternate universe. Alternate theories: Dean was helping with Katrina cleanup and for whatever reason didn't want to say so flat out. Or there was indeed a "voodoo thing" happening on or around Hurricane Katrina. Not that much less implausible than, you know, ''voodoo''.
* In [[1.05 Bloody Mary]] Dean begins to bleed from his eyes when confronted by [[Mary Worthington]], denoting he had a dark secret which creator Eric Kripke claimed would be addressed at a later date. However, the
plot line would quickly be dropped and never mentioned again.
* In [[2.12 Nightshifter]] although the shapeshifter had been dressed as a man, when the shifter turned into a woman, somehow it acquired a woman's slip without having taken the actual clothes from its likeness.
* When Sam and Dean first encounter a [[zombie]] in [[2.04 Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things]], the only way for them to stop [[Angela Mason]] was if they staked her inside of her coffin, that method also proved to be the only way to stop zombies risen by [[Samhain]] in [[4.07 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester]]. However, in [[5.15 Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid]], when they encounter the zombie Clay Thompson, Sam and Dean appear to be prepared to drop him with a head shot, despite the fact they should know it would not work.
* In [[2.04 Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things]], [[John Winchester]]'s dog tags list his blood type as AB. However, in [[10.03 Soul Survivor]] when Sam steals blood to purify Dean with, Sam tells him, "For what it’s worth, I got your blood type." Sam never says Dean's blood type, however the blood bags are labeled as type O, which is a universal blood type. While rare, it is genetically possible for someone of AB blood type to have a child who is (phenotypically) type O. One way is that if both mother and father are carriers for the recessive Bombay blood group, then the child's blood type will appear to be type O (which is what matters for receiving a blood transfusion), regardless of what ABO blood type they are.
* In the opening for [[2.08 Crossroad Blues]], [[Robert Johnson]] is being chased by a [[hellhound]], and soon dies referencing "black dogs." Johnson's death is the only [[crossroads]] [[deal]] death to not have the victim torn apart by hellhounds, no explanation is given as to why.
* In [[4.04 Metamorphosis]], Dean appeared to not know what a [[rugaru]] was, but in [[9.07 Bad Boys]] it transpires that he knew that John was on a rugaru hunt in 1995.
* In [[4.15 Death Takes a Holiday]], [[Alastair]] tells Sam and Dean he got his [[Death's Scythe|scythe]] from "an old friend" that was "jonesin' for the Apocalypse." But in season five, Death has been locked away and needed to be raised by [[Lucifer]], and thus couldn't have given Alastair the scythe. And upon Death's meeting with Dean Winchester, his demeanor about the [[Apocalypse]]
is fairly ambivalent, and the only reason he causing death and destruction is because he is bound to Lucifer's will; also making it obvious that he would never give a weapon so powerful to a demon like Alastair.
* In [[4.16 On the Head of a Pin]] it is never explained how Anna regained her destroyed human body. Also in the episode Alastair was shown to be affected by contact with holy water, however in [[1.22 Devil's Trap]], Azazel, a demon lower on the hierarchy was shown to be resistant to holy water.
* In [[5.10 Abandon All Hope...]] it is never explained how Lucifer knows about the Colt, as he would have been locked away in the Cage when it was created by [[Samuel Colt]]. And even if he was told about the Colt after being released, he would not be aware that he is one of the five things in all existence it can't kill.
* In [[7.21 Reading Is Fundamental]] the Winchester learn from the [[Tablet|Leviathan tablet]] that the bone of a righteous mortal can be used to kill them. However, the tablet would have arguably been made before humans, and God would not have expected the Leviathans to become so dangerous as to give a weakness that can only be made from a human despite not coming into being for some time.
* In [[8.22 Clip Show]], [[Abaddon]] says that she learned about [[Josie Sands]] from [[Father Max Thompson]], and decided to use her to infiltrate the [[Men of Letters]]. In [[9.17 Mother's Little Helper]], her initial encounter with Josie appears to be unplanned. Though Abaddon is aware of the Men of Letters, inferring that the episode takes place after her encounter with Father Max Thompson. This is supported by the fact that Henry and Josie indicate they are close to initiation.
claims to be loyal to [[Azazel]] and Lucifer and remains adamantly loyal to Lucifer's memory in season six and seven, even leading the remaining Lucifer loyalists being hunted by [[Crowley]], yet she [[possesses]] Sam -- Azazel's favorite for the role of Lucifer's vessel -- and tries to get him killed in [[2.14 Born Under a Bad Sign]], saying she no longer cares about the master plan and not mentioned as being involved in the demon campaign to free Lucifer in season four. Although she seeks revenge against Crowley in Lucifer's name, she works with Sam, Dean, and [[Castiel]] and shows no inclination to attack them for their much greater involvement in Lucifer's defeat, even when she believes Crowley is dead. It may be that she was only ready to get Sam killed because she may have believed any damage done to the plan with his death would be minimal as there were other Special Children who could be used instead. After season five, she may be more inclined to hold a grudge against Crowley than the Winchesters regardless as he actively ''betrayed'' Lucifer's side, whereas the Winchesters were enemies they knew were working against them.
* In [[9.04 Slumber Party]], [[Charlie Bradbury]] goes to [[Heaven]] after being killed by [[the Wicked Witch of the West]]. However, it is revealed in [[9.14 Captives]] that [[Metatron]]'s [[spell]] not only closed off Heaven to [[angels]] but also to spirits as well. Thus, Charlie should have been stuck in [[the Veil]] like [[Kevin Tran]] was rather than going to Heaven and experiencing a memory of a specific Christmas.
* In [[13.09 The Bad Place]], [[Kaia Nieves]] line about "Trump's America" is a possible continuity error, as [[12.08 LOTUS]] established that the current president in the ''Supernatural'' universe is [[President Jefferson Rooney|Jefferson Rooney]]. Kaia's line may suggest Trump was voted in at the 2016 election, however "LOTUS" takes place in December of 2016 and dialogue makes mention of Jefferson Rooney being the "most popular sitting President in modern history," either suggesting he was recently elected or re-elected in the 2016 presidential election.
* In [[13.23 Let the Good Times Roll]] Sam reveals to the [[Apocalypse World]] refugees that Donald Trump is the current president, making no reference to what happened to President Jefferson Rooney.
* In [[14.07 Unhuman Nature]] Sam asks if Rowena remembers their friend Jack, which she claims to not
to, before reminding him he is Lucifer's son. However in [[13.21 Beat the Devil]] Rowena says to Lucifer as she is using his grace to open the rift:
:"Do you know what your grace is making possible right now? The heartfelt family reunion of Sam, Dean, Cas, Mary, and your very own son Jack. That's right. Your wee boy's over there, and he'll be so glad to see his three fathers. Of course, as far as he's concerned, they are his father. And you? You're nothing to him."