The original Death also appeared to have a relaxed approach to reaping, allowing Sam and Dean to constantly be resurrected despite the consequences to the natural order. As well as allowing various rogue reapers to operate. With the reaper [[Billie]] taking the mantle of Death, she has instituted a no direct interference policy to all reapers. However, she has been shown to make very rare exceptions, bringing Dean back when the notebooks in [[Death's Library]] stated that it was not his time to die and teleporting Sam, Castiel, Jack and Michael to the Bunker to save their lives.
[[Chuck Shurley]] admits to Sam and Dean that he enjoyed the old Death better than Billie, "he was all about fried pickles and tickle porn" -- claiming she involves herself too much.<ref>[[14.20 Moriah]]</ref>
===Powers and abilities===
* Nigh-Omniscience – Death has an almost absolute awareness of the universe that exceeds that of the archangels, and is only rivaled by God. After Billie takes on the mantle of Death, she becomes aware of the "multi-versal quantum construct" that everyone lives in, as well as the importance of the Winchesters in the grand scheme of the universe.
* Nigh-Omnipotence – As a primordial being and being the eldest and most powerful member of the [[Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse]], Death can do almost anything that it desires, possessing a great deal of near infinite supernatural power. Death is so powerful that it is one of the few beings that can enter [[Lucifer's Cage]] without the need of the Rings of the Horsemen. Death is also powerful enough to remove and/or transfer the [[Mark of Cain]]. Death even created an eclipse by realigning the solar system.
* [[Resurrection]] – As the bringer of death, Death can resurrect all forms of life back to any state it so desires. Death could bring multiple people back to life just with his passing. However, as it violates the natural order, he almost never does, but under certain situations exceptions can be made. As Death, Billie resurrected Dean following his suicide as it was not his time to die. Billie was also able to resurrect the [[Nephilim]] [[Jack Kline]] from [[the Empty]] with all of his powers intact.
* Memory manipulation – Death was able to suppress Sam's horrific memories of being in Hell by placing the memories behind a temporary wall he created in his mind.
* Necrokinesis – Death can instantly kill anything or anyone with a touch. After being bumped into by a man walking in the opposite direction to him, Death brushed his coat with his hand where the man had walked into him, killing him instantly.