Should the distinction between Hoodoo and Vodun (and the PoD error) be made more explicit, here? Or are we working under the assumption that in the Supernatural 'verse, Hoodoo and Vodun are actually the same thing?
Olivia 11:04, 2 February 2008 (PST)
- Please correct if we've made an error :D Do we have a page on Vodun?
- --Angstslashhope 12:58, 2 February 2008 (PST)
- Um. Not a wiki error. I meant the confusion between "Voodoo" and Hoodoo on the part of the original author of the Pad of Definitions definition. Agh. I see to complicate things they've written in their "voodoo" def.: " Voodoo is more or less synonymous with hoodoo and is not to be confused with the religion of Vodou." ??? I'm certainly no expert, but as far as I can tell, voodoo and hoodoo are really NOT synonymous, and Voodoo is just another of the many spellings of the Vodun/etc. religion? I guess I was asking... Are definitions from the website considered canon, and therefore unarguable? I mean, in the Winchesters' 'verse, are hoodoo and voodoo all the same thing? Or can some mention be made, as an aside, that some may consider the definition to be in error?
- Olivia 21:56, 2 February 2008 (PST)
Missyjack I'd certainly think it would be good to add a clarification under the PoD definition. I think this is just sloppy work by the PoD author, rather than a suggestion that this is something specific to the Winchester's world.
- I agree with Jules - PoDs are notoriously sloppy *g* - you're more than welcome to argue the point on the page, definitely. I think it's worthwhile to document when canon is incorrect as well.
- --Angstslashhope 02:00, 3 February 2008 (PST)