The Wicked Witch of the West
|Name||The Wicked Witch of the West|
|Dates||???? – 2013 (killed by Charlie Bradbury)|
|Location|| Oz (formerly)|
|Episode(s)||9.04 Slumber Party|
The Witch ruled Oz with an army of flying monkeys and other evil witches. When Dorothy Baum came to Oz, she joined the rebellion against the Witch who turned three freedom fighters into a lion, a scarecrow and a tin man as punishment. She kills Dorothy at one point, but she is resurrected and the Good Witch of the North, who protects her from the Wicked Witch's powers with a kiss. The Witch kills the Tin Man and eventually Dorothy returns to Earth.
In 1935, the Wicked Witch is captured by Dorothy, who cuts out her tongue. Dorothy attempts to kill the Wicked Witch by cutting off her head, burning her, and dousing her with holy water, to no avail. Out of options, Dorothy brings the Wicked Witch to the Men of Letters Bunker to find a way to kill her. Working with James Haggerty and Peter Jenkins, Dorothy tries to come up with a plan, but the Witch breaks free and possesses Jenkins, forcing Haggerty to kill him. Unable to defeat the Witch, Dorothy casts a spell that binds them. Haggerty works for the rest of his career on finding a way to defeat the Witch and comes up with the idea that poppy seed extract can stun the Witch from the Oz books. He makes a deal with a fairy in case the Witch ever breaks free.
In 2013, the Witch was accidentally freed by Dean and battled the Winchesters, Dorothy and Charlie Bradbury to get the Key and bring her army to Earth. She nearly succeeded but was finally killed by Charlie with the ruby slippers.
Powers and abilities
- Incorporeal form – The Wicked Witch can take on a green smoke form, allowing easy fast escape out any situations.
- Invulnerability – The Wicked Witch was shown to be invulnerable to decapitation, fire and holy water. However, when he tongue was cut out by Dorothy it did not grow back.
- Possession – The Wicked Witch was shown to be able to take possession of people's minds with a single touch.
- Binding magic – The Wicked Witch can be bound with magic.
- Poppy seed extract – While it will not kill her, it is able to stun her.
- Ruby slippers – Being imbued with magic from Oz, the ruby slippers were capable of killing her.
- Warding – The Wicked Witch was shown unable to cross the warding / binding sigils that were keeping Crowley captive.
While watching The Wizard of Oz, Frank O'Brien claimed that the Wicked Witch ("green bitch") was out to get him before his death.
While investigating an ancient computer in the Bunker, Dean accidentally knocks over the bottle containing the spell Dorothy used to bind herself and the Witch, releasing both. The Witch resumes her search for the key to Oz, attacking Sam and Dorothy before being driven off by a poppy seed extract bullet. She finds Dean and Charlie Bradbury and gets the key from them and kills Charlie who sacrifices herself for Dean who retaliates by shooting the Wicked Witch with a poppy bullet, forcing her to retreat to the vents to recover. Dean has Ezekiel resurrect Charlie and the Witch attacks him and Sam while they are hunting for her. She takes Sam hostage and unable to get a clean shot, Dean tackles her. The Witch is able to possess them however and sends them after Dorothy and Charlie, revealing her true plan to them through Sam and Dean. The Witch casts a spell to summon her army and opens the door, but Charlie stabs her in the back of the head with one of the ruby slippers and then in the face with the other when she turns around, killing her. Charlie manages to close the door in time and the Witch's plan is foiled. When she is killed, all that remains of her is her black cloak.