Dean: Sooner we get rid of this demonic tramp stamp, I am back on the booze, burgers... and more booze. Tell me you got something.
Sam: Anti-authority disorder, clinical depression, violent outbursts; Charlie was a-
Dean: Dude, the shrink interviewed us at that age, you think the report would be all kittens and rainbows? Come on, she's a good kid. There's got to be an explanation for this man, there's just got to be.
Dark Charlie: Oh Sam, you're adorable. You're not gonna hurt me, in fact that's your problem. All good guy code no bite, what a waste. And you, always letting this albatross hold you back.
There are two of you? One good and one bad?
Dean: Yeah, and what, dick you is some sort of a ninja?
She's a badass, yeah.
Charlie: We're still connected physically, if you hurt her, you hurt me. But bottom line, she's bad and I'm good. And let me just tell you being good is really annoying. Normally at a place like this, I'd be pounding Harvey Wallbangers and checking out the bartender's ass. Now all I wanna do is sip club sodas and send her to college.
Dean: Charlie... Lets talk about this.
Dark Charlie: You Winchester boys and your talk. Blah blah blah repressed feelings. Blah blah blah passive aggression.
Sam: So are you-
Charlie: Good? Bad? I think I'll just settle for balanced.
We are going to fix this. I'm not letting what happened to me happen to you.
Dean: But it's already happened.
Sam: Cain found a way to live with it.
Dean: Yeah, after centuries of murder.
Charlie: Yeah well, there's one thing you have that he didn't. You're a Winchester... I forgive you Dean.
Dean: Yeah well, I don't.
Charlie: I know, kinda your move. How's that working out for you?
Dean: I'm so sorry kiddo.
Then prove it.
Charlie: Arrivederci, bitches.
Sam: She's right, Dean. You can do this. We can do this.
Dean: Then let's get to work.
Trivia & References
What are you saying Charlie tortured someone? Our Charlie, yay high? Wouldn't hurt a hobbit, practically sparkles.
- Hobbits are a race of beings from the work of Tolkein, known for their short stature and strong character. When Charlie was a child, her mother would read to her from the novel The Hobbit.
The guy she went all Jack Bauer on, Peter Harper.
- Jack Bauer was the lead protagonist on the TV show 24. Which was known for its excessive use of torture.
pose as FBI agents using the aliases "Gabriel and Collins," a reference to Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins of Genesis.
Dean also uses the name "Mr. Presley" when meeting with Russell Wellington, a reference to Elvis Presley.
Should have known Rocket and Groot would have tracked me down.
- Rocket Racoon and the sentient tree known as Groot are characters from Marvel comics, whose popularity was reignited with the 2014 movie Guardians of the Galaxy.
You aren't my friend.
Dark Charlie: I learned it from watching you.
- "I learned it from watching you" is a reference to the 1987 anti-drug PSA. You can watch it here.
You did it, didn't you? You killed the Wizard. I knew it, the magic was in you all the time. Celeste.
- A reference to the end of the Wizard of Oz, where the Wizard reveals to Dorothy and her companions that the things they seek from him -- courage, a brain and a heart -- were a part of them the whole time.
Yeah maybe. I found this book, it's a lore book -- Book of the Damned
- The Book of the Damned is a work of nonfiction by Charles Fort and was published in 1919. The book deals with various types of paranormal phenomenon ranging from UFOs to the existence of giants and fairies.
tweeted to William Shatner, that the episode was nearly named "The Enemy Within"
after an original Star Trek
episode where Captain Kirk is split into a good and evil version of himself after a transporter accident.
Robbie Thompson tweeted about two ad-libbed lines
during the episode: Dean
's "crap" when Charlie
has him in a triangle choke, and Charlie's "Arrivederci" at the end.
, who played Russell Wellington, the man who killed Charlie's parents, previously played Professor Arthur Cox in 2.15 Tall Tales
Charlie's real name -- Celeste -- is a tribute by writer Robbie Thompson to his mother.
The name of camera operator Matt Tichenor
appears on a bottle of apricot schnapps in a bar.
Executive Producer Bob Singer
provides the voice for the book on tape Dean is listening to in the Impala
while waiting for Russell Wellington.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts