- "Memorial" by David Kelly (De Wolfe Music Library)
- (playing in the church before Amara speaks with the priest)
You had a shot at taking her out when she was with you, but apparently you thought sucking up was the way to go.
Dean: And that didn't work out so well.
Because she chose you, and you couldn't control your girlfriend! What happened in that room? Why did she insist on sparing you? What is she to you?
Dean: You're the king of the joint, don't you have a key?
Crowley: It was sealed by God himself, of course I don't have a key. The mechanism is of divine manufacture. I believe its secrets, along with the spells for warding Sam, are recorded where many such mysteries are found -- the Book of the Damned.
Amara: Do You see what's happening? All Your favorites, all Your chosen, they are suffering. Show Yourself!
Sam: You're sitting there with the Book of the Damned, and the means to read every word, and you think I'm gonna set you free. Do I look crazy?
Rowena: Well, you do have unresolved issues with your domineering older brother and the abandonment by your father.
Crowley: Makes your flesh crawl, doesn't it, Moose? I get it, I'm the king of this place, still not my cup of tea.
Sam: I don't know, Crowley, I'd say it suits you -- dark, empty.
Well, that leads me to my next question. Where's the big burrito himself? Where's God in all of this?
Sam: All current indications of his presence, are that there are no current indications of his presence.
What? Caught the fun bus out of town. Figures.
I see the weariness in your eyes, the mistrust. I don't blame you.
Dean: Don't you.
It's incredible, how it endures -- the propaganda. He was so threatened by me, fearful that I would make a more perfect creation than He. So He exiled me, virtually erased me, passed down stories that I was a threat.
Lucifer: Well, I did help Dad seal up the Darkness all those years ago. She's quite a force, determined to take over everything, even back then. Prone to tantrums, I can see why Pops is laying low.
What was that?
Amara: The future. The inevitable result of our first meeting, what you've been feeling since that moment. What we both felt, that we're bonded. You're the one who set me free.
Dean: No, that was an accident.
Amara: It was destiny. You bore the Mark, I am the original Mark. You and I will be together.
Dean: No, no that's not gonna happen.
It's so simple Dean, we will become one. Why wouldn't you want that?
Together again. Hey, Sam Winchester, miss me? I bet you did. I have to say, you're extraordinarily calm given the circumstances.
Sam: It's pretty much exactly how God told me it was going to be. Guess I just have to go with it and play my hand.
Lucifer: That would make so much sense, if it was God that was doing the talking. You see Sam, when the Darkness descended, the impact on Hell was massive. The Cage was damaged. Through the fissures I was able to reach out. It wasn't God inside your head, Sam. It was me. So you see, He's not with you. He's never been with you. It was always just me, so I guess I am your only hope.
Sam: It's never gonna happen.
Ah. Well, settle in there, buddy. Hey, roomie -- upper bunk, lower bunk, or you wanna share?
Trivia & References
You and your bloodthirsty brother say we're partners in this holy war against Amara, and yet... Trussed like a chicken.
- To be "trussed like a chicken" means to be bound and secured tightly.
I promised Dean I'd call.
Rowena: I promised Lincoln a fun night at the theatre, things change. It's now or never.
- Rowena is referring to Abraham Lincoln who was assassinated in 1865 at Ford's Theatre.
You may summon Fergus. And tell him to bring a handcart.
Sam: A handcart?
Rowena: We are going to Hell.
- Rowena is making a reference to the saying that one is "Going to hell in a handcart" when you undertake something sure to end disastrously.
Well, dear if you can't stand the heat, get out of Hell.
- This is a play on the saying "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."'
Sam Winchester, my old roomie. Hug it out?
- A phrase most popularly used by the character Ari Gold from the HBO series Entourage.
Some people find comfort in that -- the Golden Rule, brother's keeper. It is His universe, His rules.
- The Golden Rule refers to the principle of altruism. While it is the feature of most types of spirituality, it is most often associated with the Abrahmic religions (particularly Christianity) and the idea that people should "Do to others what you want them to do to you."
- "Brother's keeper" refers to the story of Cain and Abel. In religious lore, after Cain killed Abel and God asked where he was, Cain replied "Am I my brother's keeper?"
This is the first episode of season 11
where the Impala
does not make an appearance.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts