Crowley: Are you not hearing me? I said I have in my possession the solution to our collective problems. You should be doing a jig.
Dean: I don't jig. And how do I know you even escaped Lucifer and he's not making you do all this?
What? I just said I'd give you the thing.
Sam / Dean: If?
Say thank you. You think these things grow on bloody trees!?
Jofiel: So perfect. Castiel -- Heaven's most wanted possessed by Heaven's most hated.
Angel: You exploded Jofiel.
Lucifer: Or did Jofiel explode himself? Just sayin'.
Amara: What they call destruction, I call renovation. My blueprints, not God's.
Lucifer: You know what they say: he who hesitates, disintegrates.
Lucifer: As much as I get a giggle out of you two, and I do, there comes a time when every relationship runs its course. So...
Sam: So. Rowena and Crowley. Like mother, like son, huh? They both took exactly one split second to take off when things went south. By the way, what's Rowena doing with Amara?
Dean: My guess is she's playing the odds. When sucking up to Lucifer didn't work out, maybe she thought Amara was the best bet, then she heard Lucifer had a shot and switched horses again.
Listen. Um, I know I came down on the side of wanting Cas to deal with Amara, so-
Dean: Well, that's what he wanted though, right? Besides, didn't we say we're gonna swear off getting in the way when one person makes a choice the other didn't agree with?
Sam: Yeah, um. Yeah, we did say that.
Sam: Okay. So, that's our policy.
Which sounds damn good. Well, let's go find that idiot and bring him home.
As God's favorite, His first son, you may be the one thing in all of creation that He still cares about. The one thing that could finally make Him show Himself, so I can confront Him and He can acknowledge the wrongs He's done me. And then... He can witness the utter destruction of all His creation. Before He Himself is swept away.
Lucifer: You're expecting Him? Well, I wouldn't wait up. I'm pretty sure He caught the last train out.
Well, we'll see, won't we?
Trivia & References
is a reference to the Hell's Angels
] Motorcycle Club.
The vessel is healing nicely. Soon you'll be shipshape and Bristol fashion.
- Originally an English nautical phrase, it means for something (or someone) to be in excellent working order.
And, I have the Horn of Joshua.
Sam: Joshua? As in the Joshua that won the Battle of Jericho?
- According to the Hebrew Bible, Joshua was a contemporary of Moses, who helped him free the Israelites from Egypt. He then led the Israelite army to take the city of Jericho. This was achieved by the priests blowing ram's horns until the city's walls collapsed.
Oh, come on! It's not like He invented the Prius, which actually works. Do I have to tell you people what a mess mankind is? Salem witch trials, Third Reich, Twin Towers. And sure, every once in a while he'll send down a plague to straighten them out, it's nothing permanent. Humanity brought us Hiroshima and got a redo. I simply questioned his priorities and got the boot.
- The Toyota Prius is a hybrid electric car that is known for being particularly ecofriendly.
- The Salem witch trials were a series of prosecutions of people (mostly women) accused of witchcraft between 1692 and 1693.
- The Third Reich denotes the German history period from 1933 to 1945 when Germany was under the control of the dictator Adolf Hitler and the NSDAP.
- The Twin Towers are metonymically used for the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
- Hiroshima is a city in Japan that was (along with Nagasaki) bombed by the US with nuclear weapons in 1945. The name of the city frequently stands in for the attack.
Cas wanted to do this.
Dean: Yeah, well, there's times I wanna get slapped during sex by a girl wearing a Zorro mask. That don't make it a good idea.
- Zorro is a swashbuckling masked vigilante from the early 20th century pulp novels of Johnston McCulley.
Dean, this is exactly how we screw ourselves, the way we make the heart choice instead of the smart choice.
Dean: Oh, okay. Thank you Dr. Phil.
- This is a reference to TV personality and relationship advice guru Dr. Phil McGraw.
Building with "AKF" inserted by the VFX crew
The VFX team inserted AKF as a tribute to Always Keep Fighting
on the top of a building in one scene.
As God's favorite, His first son, you may be the one thing in all of creation that He still cares about. The one thing that could finally make Him show Himself, so I can confront Him and He can acknowledge the wrongs He's done me.
- While Lucifer may have been first in his Father's affection, it has been previously established (5.10 Abandon All Hope..., 5.22 Swan Song) that Michael was the eldest archangel, and Lucifer was his younger brother.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts