- "Good Vibrations" by Brian Wilson
- (playing in God's construct of a bar when Metatron is transported there)
- Messiah, HWV 56, Part II: Chorus "Hallelujah!" by Festival Chamber Orchestra
- (plays when Chuck shows his true visage to Metatron)
- "Don't Answer the Door" by B.B. King
- (playing in God's construct of a bar as Chuck and Metatron talk)
- "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
- (playing as God and Metatron rewrite his autobiography)
- (sung by Chuck over the closing montage)
Sam: Dude, quit ironing my shirts with beer!
I did some great stuff as Chuck. I mean, I told you about my blog.
Metatron: Right, right. Your cat pic blog.
Yeah. They're super cute. So there's that. And I traveled, a lot, you know. And I dated. I had some girlfriends, had a few boyfriends. Oh, I learned how to play guitar.
You invented souls! Souls! Try shining a light on that, how did that make you feel?
You know what? No. That is not G-O-D talking, that's Chuck talking. And I get it. When you were on Earth you had to go full method. Well, it's time for you to get back into character.
Deputy Harris: It'll all be over soon. He's not going to save them. It's all going away, forever. But not you Dean.
You know I love those guys, but the world would still be spinning with demon Dean in it. But Sam couldn't have that, though, could he? And so how is Amara being out on me?
Metatron: It's not. But you've helped the Winchesters before.
Chuck: Helped them? I've saved them. I've rebuilt Castiel more times than I can remember. Look where that got me.
Metatron: So you're just gonna let Amara win?
Eh, it's her time to shine.
We're not gonna make it.
Dean: No-no-no. There's no quittin' here.
Sam: We were never gonna make it.
Dean: Sam that's not you talking, it's the fog.
Sam: You're gonna choose Amara. Over me. Over everything.
Dean: Sam, No!
Sam: I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I can't fight this, you gotta go. You gotta get out before you get infected. Before I hurt you.
No. I'm not leaving you, ever! Stop this! You hear me, you dick?
Chuck: We should probably talk.
Trivia & References
"Don't Call Me Shurley" is a reference to a famous quote from the 1980 comedy Airplane!
Yeah, Toto. I got a feeling we aren't on Earth either.
- Toto is Dorothy's dog in the book and film of the Wizard of Oz.
God... You've come back. I can't believe you've come back. I-I didn't mean what I said about Supernatural
, it's underrated, due for a reboot. And this bar -- it's not crappy at all, it's just like the one in Cheers
. Everybody knows my name. And the lights are very forgiving-
- Cheers was an 1980s sitcom set in a neighborhood bar in Boston. A line in the theme song refers to it as a place where "everybody knows your name."
Hope Springs, Idaho is a reference to the saying "Hope Springs Eternal
," taken from Alexander Pope's An Essay on Man.
- Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
- Man never is, but always to be blessed:
- The soul, uneasy and confined from home,
- Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
So whatcho been up to?
Chuck: Oh, I've been super busy. Yeah, I traveled, started a blog -- mostly just picture of cats. So cute. Oh I signed up for Snapchat! And I started a new series of books - Revolution. I don't think it's going anywhere.
- Revolution was the name of the TV series that creator made after Supernatural. It was cancelled after two seasons. After the airing of the episode Kripke tweeted that "Robbie Thompson,good guy that he is, ran it all past me. I wildly approved."
You know what humanity's greatest creation has been? Music. That and nacho cheese, even I could have dreamt up that deliciousness. But music is magic. A lot of remarkable music was created in the space -- B.G.'s Canteen. Now it's not as well known as the Bitter End or the Gaslight. But some amazing musicians got their start on this stage. I'm hoping that you and I can tap into some of that old magic and finish what I started a few months ago.
- Bitter End and The Gaslight Cafe are famous rock and folk venues in New York City.
You wanna get the old band back together. Lennon and McCartney ride again.
Chuck: Well, I'm kinda Lennon and McCartney, but every writer needs a good editor. I did some of my best work with you Metatron.
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney were the main songwriters for the English band The Beatles.
use the aliases Agent Greer and Ehart, reference to Kansas
members Billy Greer and Phil Ehart.
I'll tell you, there's some great bones in there. I'm thinking what's missing maybe less about detail and more about balance.
Chuck: How do you mean?
Metatron: You're giving the wrong stuff too much real estate. Like that chapter about being Chuck.
Chuck: Mmhm. What about it?
Metatron: Once you've explained the Vonnegut performance art. That should be it, no one cares about the rest.
There are two types of memoir. One is honest, the other, not so much. Truth and fairy tale. Now do you wanna write Life
by Keith Richards or Wouldn't It Be Nice
by Brian Wilson?
There are no revelations in this book. And that's weird given who you are!
This is me.
Metatron: Really. This? This pile of self-doubt and nebbishness flooded the Earth? Followed up Sodom with a blockbuster Gomorrah. Created as much as he punished. No, the guy I worked for, total bad ass. And yes he could be a dick. Now that guy had a lot of stories to tell, and he has a lot to answer for.
Hold up a mirror and show us who you are. Warts and all. Write for an audience of one -- you.
Chuck: Dance like no one else is watching.
At a certain point the training wheels have got to come off. No-one likes a helicopter parent.
I am being. She's nothingness
from writer Robbie Thompson, Rob Benedict and friends during the broadcast.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts