Sam: Dean, you're covered in ghoul and wraith. And I think you have a piece of siren in your hair.
Sam: I-I made a computer algorithm that scrapes data from police scanners, emergency calls, uh, local news sites, and then it puts everything through a h-- The computer told me.
Dean: Computers, heh. Monsters, porn. Is there anything they can't do? All right. Well, let's get to it, then.
Dean: Tell her what? No, seriously, Sam, what are you gonna say? 'Hi, my name is Sam Winchester and this is my much handsomer brother Dean. We hunt monsters. Oh, and that guy you were banging, we're pretty sure he made a deal with a demon, so a hellhound came and dragged his soul to Hell. But you, you're cool and since there is nothing for us to kill, peace out.'
Crowley: You cross me, I crush you. You hit me, I hit you back twice as hard. You make me your dog, I make you my slave.
Victor: And moving on to, um, case 41, Awar, a Rank Three demon, claims to have had six babies. But then Morax, a Rank Two demon, took two of his babies, which would leave Awar with yes, um, four babies.
Thomas: Which I think we can all agree, isn't enough babies for a decent meal.
Crowley: Right after God said, 'Let there be light,' He -- He made a whole bunch of things -- posies, koalas, hellhounds. He wanted the Creator's best friend, but the hounds were too vicious. So He planned on having them put down, until along came our favorite fallen angel. He rescued one of the hounds -- a pregnant bitch named Ramsey.
Dean: Great. So, we have a hellhound who's gunning for revenge and it's personal. Well, just when I thought this gig couldn't get any weirder.
Crowley: Oh. It can always get weirder.
Take care of her.
Sam: Of course. Dean, look, even if Ramsey circles back, as long as we keep moving, Gwen's gonna... be... just. You're talking about the car.
Dean: You tend to ride the brakes.
Sam: Dean, I know how to drive.
I'm just saying. Pretend she's a woman. A beautiful, beautiful woman. Sam.
Crowley: Or a few years ago, who would have thought you'd be working with the King of Hell. Maybe you rubbed off on me. Maybe I rubbed off all over you.
Sam: Dean, because of Mick and his guys the Alpha Vampire is dead. They get results. I don't like them either, but if we can save people... Either way I shouldn't have lied to you, and I'm sorry, man. I-
Dean: Well, okay.
Man! Dad loved this thing.
- Dean says this while holding a barbed wire-wrapped baseball bat that resembles Lucille from The Walking Dead. Lucille is the signature weapon of Negan. Both Negan and John Winchester are played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Jensen, Jeffrey, and fellow Walking Dead actor Michael Cudlitz had joked about a Walking Dead / Supernatural crossover on Twitter. The bat seen on the Impala is the one used in this episode. Also, similar to the state the characters from the Walking Dead find themselves in, Dean is also covered in gore from a ghoul, a wraith, and a siren.
uses the alias "Agent Solange" a reference to Solange Knowles
, sister of Beyoncé. Sam and Dean use the aliases "Agents Baker and Clapton," a reference to Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton, who performed together in the bands Blind Faith
Yes, your waitress. In this article you said she was killed by an alien.
Herb: Well, not just aliens. Reptilians. You know, like the Queen of England.
- Reptilians are a race of aliens believed to be secretly controlling the world.
And I-I got proof. You know, see, most sheeple can't handle the truth. But not me, I'm woke. It's why I don't use new tech, anything past '96 it's a trap. Ya know, PalmPilot? It's more like tracking device.
- The PalmPilot was a brand of handheld PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) popular in the '90s.
's name may be a reference to Ramsay Bolton
from the Game of Thrones
series. In the tv show, Ramsay is noted (among other things) for his sadistic use of hunting hounds to hunt down his captives for sport. He ultimately meets his demise by being fed alive to these very hounds.
The only thing I care about is making Hell great again.
- Reference to the Donald Trump presidential campaign slogan "Make America Great Again."
All right. Crowley and I are gonna hit the woods, see if we can't track down Cujo. You stick with Sam, he'll keep you safe.
- Cujo is a horror novel by Stephen King (subsequently made into a movie) about a vicious rabid dog. Co-showrunner Robert Singer also produced the film adaptation.
I mean, a few years ago, who'd have thought you'd be helping us save the girl of the week?
- This is a meta comment referring to the victims that the Winchesters save using a phrase used to refer to the victim of the week in TV episodes.
Now what was that you were saying about being two steps ahead? Buh-bye Crowley.
Crowley: That's not what I said. I'm glad you've had a little taste of freedom. What I said was, I'm always ten steps ahead. I said you cross me, and I crush you. You hit me, I hit you back twice as hard. You make me your dog, I make you my slave. That chain around your neck was nothing. A stylish accessory. This vessel, that's your true prison. It's been warded with runes and spell-work from the Cage carved into every molecule. In there, I own you. I'm just getting started. So, I'm gonna put you back in your hole and then I'm gonna go find your spawn, and I'm gonna rip him a part while you watch. And then... I'm still just getting started.
- Crowley's statement that the runes and spell-work from The Cage were carved into every molecule was a reference to the recent discovery on how scientists were able to discover how to use a single magnetic atom to store Information.
What do you want me say? Do I like it? No. Do I trust them? Hell no. But you're right. We work with people we don't trust all the time. Hell, I just Liam Neeson'd it up with Crowley. So, if you wanna give this a shot, then fine. But the minute, and I mean the second, something feels off, we bail.
- Dean's reference to having "Liam Neeson'd it up with Crowley" is a reference to the Taken series of films, in which Liam Neeson's character Bryan Mills has to team up with untrustworthy and bad people in order to stop a threat to himself or his family.