- "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" by B. J. Thomas
- (sung by Donatello as he is cooking and plays when he is attacked)
- "Maybe Tomorrow" by Jackie Stewart
- (playing in the diner where Castiel meets Sister Jo)
How about you? Feeling better?
Jack: Everybody keeps asking me that.
Mary: We're family. It's our job.
Well, it's annoying.
The Winchesters -- they don't know you're here do they?
Castiel: Why do you say that?
Oh, I don't know, just the general reek of ill-conceived lone-wolf desperation.
But I should've been here more. But I know how I am. I can be closed off and hard.
Dean: Yeah, well, that's where I get it from.
Listen. I just need you to know I'm grateful for every day I get to spend with you and Sam.
Mary: No one's making excuses, but -- you gave him a chance because you felt for him because you're a good man. You are. It's one of the reasons I'm so proud of you.
We're all lonely, because we're all alone. From ant to lion to human to angel. Every last one of us.
Castiel: You know, He does meddle. God reached down, and He brought me back to life.
So He saves one angel and watches millions of people die screaming, every day. What does that say about Him?
Nick: I get you, Dean. You and me, we're almost like brothers, you know. Michael, you, Lucifer me -- we both know what it's like to be hog-tied to a nuclear warhead, man.
Look, you try anything funny, Sammy's gonna shoot you. Anything happens to me --
Nick: Wait. Let me guess. Sammy's gonna shoot me.
Yeah, to start.
Sam: You -- you always, always put -- You always put me first. Your whole life.
Mary. Nick he was a bad person, a killer. I had to stop him.
Mary: Not like that.
He deserved it.
If Sam and Dean saw what you did, they would be as worried as I am.
Jack: Are you gonna tell them?
Mary: You need help, we'll help you. We're your family.
Jack: You can't.
We care about you, Jack.
Trivia & References
is seen setting up a game of Mouse Trap
, a kid's game that was invented in the 1960s. In the game, players must construct a complicated Rube-Goldberg
-like machine in order to capture their opponents' tokens (which are mice). The game parallels the complex scheme Nick
puts in place in order to be able to summon Lucifer
Jack killed Michael.
Sister Jo: Good night, sweet prince.
- "Good night, sweet prince" is one of the lines spoken by Horatio in Act V of Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- "Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
No. You'll tell me, or I'll burn this place to the ground and you with it.
Methuselah: Kiddo, how old am I? Go for it. Put me out of my misery.
- It is implied that Methuselah may be the Biblical Methuselah, the grandfather of Noah and according to the Bible the longest-lived person in history, having died at the age of 969 in the year of the great flood.
Even if we found Joshua's Batphone, God's not gonna care.
- Batphone has become a term for a priority phone number. It originated in the 1960s Batman TV series. In that series, Batman had a propensity for adding "Bat" to every object he owned.
He loved you. You know that? He did. I felt it. He loved you so much and you broke his heart. Of course, I'm talking about the old you. You with a soul. Yeah. Kermit the Prophet told me all about your sitch. What's that like, not having a soul? Must be relaxing.
- "Kermit the Prophet" refers to Donatello, and in this context comparing him to a muppet implies he is not very bright.
You're trying to communicate with someone? Who?
Nick: Search your feelings, Sam.
- A reference to Star Wars, where the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi gives this advice to Luke when he asks who his sister is in Return of the Jedi
Come on, Sam. Nobody stays dead anymore. You know that.
- A meta reference to the fact that many long-thought-dead characters have made reappearances on Supernatural in recent seasons. Also, it references the fact that characters in general tend not to stay dead.
In 14.11 Damaged Goods
tells Nick he can "burn" for all the death and pain he's caused. In this episode, Jack
kills Nick by burning him from the inside out alive.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts