- "Take Me for What I Am (1971)" by Henry Ford
- (playing in the casino that Chuck has taken over)
- "Goin' Straight" by Dick Jr. & The Volunteers
- (playing in the diner where Adam and Michael are conversing)
You went easy on the rum this time?
Okay, cool. Cuz, you know, you don't want me cranky. Keep 'em coming.
Dean: Look, we know that Chuck overpowered His sister the Darkness and locked her up. So...
Castiel: ...we may be able to lock Him up too.
Dean: Are we winning?
Rowena: Hello, boys.
Rowena: What am I picking up from you two? A wee tiff? Tell your auntie Rowena.
Look man, I didn't want to say anything cuz I was kind of in a bad place. And I didn't want to jinx it or whatever. But - you know I tried the family thing, right?
Sam: Yeah, me too. That's not for us.
Dean: Not really. But I'm just saying if it was to work... Eileen. You know, she gets it. She gets us. She gets the life. She's hot.
Sam: Dean...I mean...
All I am saying is - you could do worse. Ok? And she could certainly do better! Like so much better. (claps Sam on the shoulder). I am happy for you Sammy.
Castiel: Michael? Do you remember me?
Michael: Castiel. You called me assbutt and set me on fire. And then helped send me to Hell.
Michael: If my Father is back He will usher in Paradise.
Dean: No, He won't. Because Paradise is boring and He's just looking to be entertained.
You are asking me to trust you. You, who doomed me. You, who set Lucifer free while your own brother sat in Hell.
Sam: Doing what we do, we've had to get used to losing people. Probably too used to it. With Adam, we said goodbye because we thought we had to. We were wrong.
Michael: Oh, don't tell me. Tell him.
Adam: Hey, Sam. Dean.
Dean: Wait, Mic-- Michael lets you... talk? I mean, lets you be?
Uh, yeah. In the Cage we came to an agreement. We only had each other.
So, I've been thinking. Maybe they're not lying. (Michael groans) Hear me out. Sam and Dean try to be on the right side of things. They actually do. They tried to talk me out of taking you on, for example, out of all of this.
Michael: So, you forgive them?
Adam: Oh hell no! No. But that's not what this is about. It's -- Look, if they tell you something's off about God, it's because they believe it's true. And if they believe it, it probably is true.
Michael: You and I have been together for years. My Father and I have been together for eternity. I exist because He willed it.
Adam: So He's having a mid-eternity crisis. Or -- or maybe you don't know your dad as well as you think you do. The point is, parents keep secrets, right? Does it hurt to ask the question?
Michael: Yes! It would. It would mean that I doubt Him. The Good Son, the Favorite, doubts his Father.
You still care about that? After He left you in the Cage?
Castiel: You know, Michael, I never really liked you. Even when I was just another angel I thought you were too haughty, too... to paraphrase a friend, you had an entire oak tree shoved up your ass. But now? I'm looking at you and I... I just pity you. Because you were never God's Favorite. You were just a part of His story, a tiny part of His story. You weren't even a star. At least Lucifer knew that God can't be trusted. But I guess he was always the smart one. See the truth for yourself.
Michael: God lied to me. I gave everything for Him. I loved Him. Why? I'm not even the only Michael.
It looks empty.
Sue Barrish: Look again.
Eileen: Sue. You're okay. Thank God. (Sue morphs into God)
Anytime. Hi, Sam.
Can I talk to him?
Dean: Adam, I want you to know... we are sorry. What happened to you... you're a good man. You didn't deserve that.
Since when do we get what we deserve? Good luck.
Trivia & References
The episode title is a play on the first line of the Lord's Prayer
which in the traditional Catholic version reads "Our Father, who art in Heaven."
Chuck (through Donatello):
Hey, guys. It's Chuck. Prophets speak the word of God, sometimes indirectly. Sometimes they're my Bluetooth. So, here's the thing. Usually, I really love our little process. I toss something at you guys, and you slam it right back. It's fun, like tennis. With monsters. But this Let this one go.
- Bluetooth is a wireless technology, allowing for hands free communication on mobile phones.
Yes, there are things I miss about being alive. Flesh-on-flesh sex. Amazon doesn't deliver here... yet.
- Amazon is a tech company which is primarily an online marketplace. In 2018, its 2-day delivery service had 100 million subscribers globally. Its distribution centers have a reputation for being hellish places to work. In 15.02 Raising Hell, Rowena stated that she had Amazon Prime when talking with Dean about getting the ingredients for her soul catcher.
I don't have many regrets, but the few I do still haunt me. Making Napoleon so short was just bitchy. Telling Mick Jagger he had no future when I dumped him. And, well, everything with dear Fergus. Then one day, you die, you go to hell, they make you queen, and you can't make it right. So fix it!
- Napoleon Bonaparte was a French military leader at the turn of the 18th century. He is generally portrayed as short at 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 m), although this was the average height of French men at the time. Mick Jagger is an English singer/songwriter who, despite Rowena's assessment, went on to have a rather successful career as the lead singer of "The Rolling Stones". Fergus refers of course to Rowena's son, generally known by his demon name of Crowley, and their extremely turbulent relationship, for which Rowena has previously expressed remorse in 13.12 Various & Sundry Villains and 13.19 Funeralia.
In addition to directing the episode, Richard Speight, Jr.
's band Dick Jr. & The Volunteers provide the track "Goin' Straight" from their debut album The Dance and How to Do It
for the episode.
The diner where Adam
is called "Jaci's" after Richard Speight's wife Jaci Hays.
At the diner, Adam orders a slice of cake that, like often happens to Dean
, he never gets to actually eat, due to Lilith
's interruption. Michael shoves the cake away after killing the demon.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts