- "Automatic" (Instrumental) by The Biggest Band in the World
- (plays over the recap of previous events)
- "I Want You" by Savage Garden
- (playing from Sam and Dean's doppelgänger's Fiat)
Sam / Dean: What the hell?
AU Sam / AU Dean: What the heck?
Jo: So you want me to be on your side... against God?
Dean: I mean, we are better-looking.
Jack: I see that I've caused them pain. And it's clear that things have changed. Especially with... with Dean. Will he ever forgive me?
Castiel: You know, Dean, he... he feels things more acutely than any human I've ever known. So it's possible he could work through this. One day, he may explode and let it all out and breathe deeply and move on.
Ruby? The demon you were sexually intimate with?
Dean: "Sexually intimate"?
Ruby: Why do they call this place the Empty? This place is full. It's full of sorrow and despair playing over and over again, of angels and demons dreaming about their regrets. Forever.
AU Dean: They said lose the man bun, Samuel.
AU Sam: Look, hillbilly clothes are bad enough. I have to draw the line somewhere, and my hair... is sacred.
I gotta tell you Sammy, this Sam and Dean, you know, sure they're simple, but they've got this place of their own. There's no quarterly reports, there's no investor calls, there's just -- there's nothing to do but hunt monsters, drink beer, and watch porn.
AU Sam: Yeah.
They got it made.
Dean: Guys, I don't like it, alright? I mean, first Jo sets us up with the -- with killer demons, and now Ruby sends us to a place with hellhounds? These chicks want us dead. I don't trust any part of this.
God loved them so. His prize creations, until He banished them and all of mankind from the perfection of the Garden. And He hid it away.
Jack: I was told this place might change me somehow.
Perhaps. If you were the one meant to find it. You'll know soon enough.
Hey, Jack. How you doing?
Jack: I... I'm so sorry.
Dean: You what?
Jack: Why didn't I get it? I mean, my mother died, too. Why didn't I understand? It was my fault.
Castiel: His soul is back.
Please. Just please forgive me.
Trivia & References
"Destiny's Child" is a reference to the American pop group of the same name.
Any sign of Him?
Dean: No, nothing yet. Chuck's probably trashing a few dozen universes outside of CNN's range.
- CNN is a 24-hour cable news channel.
- "Aw, nuts" is a popular variant of Donald Duck's catchphrase.
I'm just thinking. I mean, this whole thing is crazy, right? I mean, uh, Death is our Obi-Wan, and you and me we're the -- the "messengers of God's destruction" -- whatever the hell that means -- and Jack is supposed to kill God. But if he does... that still leaves you-know-who.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is a character from Star Wars who in the original trilogy mentors Luke Skywalker and guides him in the ways of the Jedi. In the Harry Potter films, Voldemort is often referred as "You-Know-Who" for witches and wizards who fear to speak his name.
Yeah, when you -- when you go up against Chuck, uh, you're gonna what, bob and weave? Or do you go straight in for the full smite?
- Bob and weave is an evasive tactic used in boxing, "The term refers to when a boxer, or fighter, moves their head and body laterally, up, down and rapidly to avoid their opponent’s punch."
Sam and Dean. You just keep turning up. My two bad pennies.
- Bad Penny is an idiom, that when used to describe a person, means someone who is unwanted, but keeps reappearing at inopportune times.
Oh, maybe Hyram Jacobson recommended you to a few of his rich friends. I mean, one gazillionaire trumps a hundred sad sacks in a Kiwanis hall, am I right?
- Kiwanis is an international service club. A Kiwanis hall is a building, usually owned by the club, that can be rented out to the general public.
Money. Do you have any idea how much that thing's worth? Millions. Now, tell me that doesn't appeal to your label-whore heart.
- A label whore is a person who only wears name-brand clothing, and flaunts it for all to see.
are shown working together in the past. However, Sister Jo would've looked different at this time as in 13.13 Devil's Bargain
she explained how she obtained her current vessel after the Fall
, which took place four years after Ruby was killed. However, in 14.17 Game Night
Jo mentions visiting Earth at an unspecified time in the past to Castiel
and becoming disenchanted by Heaven
The Meg Cosmic Entity
refers to Castiel as "pizza man", a reference to 6.10 Caged Heat
, where Castiel kissed Meg and told her he "learned it from the pizza man." As well as 8.17 Goodbye Stranger
, where Castiel tells Meg he remembered the pizza man and that it was a good memory.
Alternate Sam and Dean
are seen playing rock, paper, scissors
, with AU Dean losing both times. However, it appears that the game has different rules on their world, as when Dean threw scissors and Sam threw rock, Dean reacted as if he won. And in the second match, when Dean threw paper, and Sam threw scissors Dean reacted as if Sam had won.
You have your own plane?
AU Sam: You don’t?! Oh dear! How do you manage?
Sam: How do you afford it?
- This exchange was a reference to the fact that Jared Padalecki does in fact own a plane.
The memories Jack
experiences as his soul is restored are:
tells Jack that the Garden of Eden
is the crossroads of humanity and divinity. Jack also exemplifies this being a Nephilim
, a literal child of the human and the divine.
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts