Billie wants to take over?
Cosmic Entity: Become the new God. Classic narcissist, right? She's all tingly for the rules, the good old days.
Sam: What is that supposed to mean?
Cosmic Entity: Everyone back to where they belong, realities, dimensions, graves. What should be dead dies, angels off Earth, demons back to Hell and I go back to sleep. Or I'm supposed to. Except, again, trust issues. But you, you're Sam Winchester. You're in God's book.
Sam: That's... That's Chuck's death book? Have you read it?
Only Billie can read it, dummy. She always talked about how you should be so dead, except she needs you.
Castiel: It's Amara. She's here, with Chuck. It's time.
Sam: No, no, no. Cass, we can't let that happen. We have to stop it.
Billie is playing us.
Dean: So, what, her plan's not gonna work?
Sam: It will work.
Dean: Then great.
Sam: But listen, Jack takes out God and Amara it will create a power vacuum that Billie will fill. This was all her power grab!
Castiel: Wait, Death wants to become God?
As long as Chuck dies, I'm good.
You hear that?
Chuck: Dean. Brought to the edge of doubt. His sense of duty, his rage winning out in the end. And poor Sam. Always gotta know everything. Can't leave well enough alone. This is my ending. My real ending.
Amara: You orchestrated this?
What part of omniscient do you people not understand? So I can't read my Death book. So what? I control space and time. Just plant a few visions, goad Death a little... mess with a few outcomes. And... bada-bing. I mean... They think they can kill me?
Dean: Chuck has to die. He has to! Otherwise he'll keep us tap dancing forever, and I can't live like that, man! I can't live that! I won't!
Sam: I know you feel like that right now, I know you do. But you gotta trust me. My entire life, you've protected me -- from Dad, from Lucifer, from everything. I didn't always like it, you know, but... it's the one thing in the whole world that I could always count on. It's the only thing I've ever known that was true. So please... put the gun away. Just put it away, and we'll figure it out Dean, we'll find another way, you and me. We always do.
Are you kidding me?! After everything, all that, you -- you did it again!
Castiel: Where's Amara?
Chuck: Amara. Amara. She's in here somewhere.
Castiel: What, you consumed your sister?
Chuck: We came to an understanding, so spare me your contempt Castiel, the self-hating angel of Thursday. You know what every other version of you did after "gripping him tight and raising him from Perdition?" They did what they were told. But not you. Not the "one off the line with a crack in his chassis." All of you. You know, I tried and I tried and I tried, but you're all just too stupid, too stubborn. Too broken. You know what? I'm over it. I'm over you.
Sam: Yeah? Good.
Dean: Screw you, Chuck.
Chuck: No, screw you. You know what you do with broken toys? You throw them out. So, kill each other, don't kill each other -- I don't care.
Castiel: What do you mean?
I mean... have fun watching him die.
Trivia & References
One of the objects discovered by Sam in the bunker resembles the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Babe, his aura...it's like Skittles.
- Skittles are a small fruit-flavoured candy which comes in a range of colours. The brand's tagline is "taste the rainbow."
- Serafina describing Jack's aura as being like Skittles is similar to what the psychic Oliver Pryce told Castiel, that he was only getting "colors" from him in 10.17 Inside Man.
You hate Him.
Adam: Oh no, I've been wanting this for going on 300,000 years. Took me that long to figure out how to do it too.
- Recent discoveries point to the earliest appearance of homosapiens as having been around 300,000 years ago.
All of them. They're just rocks, but their existence makes them divine because God is in everything.
Adam: Right on. At least he should be.
- Adam and Jack discuss the concept of Pantheism: The belief that all things in existence compose an all-encompassing God.
That's one of my ribs, dude. Everything can contain the spark of the divine, but this puppy? It's packing enough punch to create life. Or, in your case, destroy God.
- Adam gives Jack one of his ribs to complete the spell he designed to kill Chuck. In Genesis, when Lilith, Adam's first wife born form the same clay, refused to be subservient to him, God fashioned Eve from one of Adam's ribs.
In past seasons, Chuck has typically been shown in light colored clothing, while Amara wore a black cocktail dress throughout season 11. In season 15, Chuck begins to wear darker colors (specifically his maroon sports coat), while Amara switches wearing colors such yellow (15.02 Raising Hell
), pink (15.15 Gimme Shelter
and grey (15.17 Unity).
Chuck reveals that he had nothing to do with Dean and Amara's connection, deeming it "gross" much to Amara's amusement.
Wait. The Garden, the apple. That Adam?
Adam: It was a quince, but yeah.
- In 10.23 Brother's Keeper we first learned from Crowley that the forbidden fruit was a quince and not an apple. He recovered the same quince from a Palestinian warlock as part of the spell to remove the Mark of Cain
Adam explains that God has been playing with him and Eve as well as part of one of his stories. They initially believed that they deserved it, but that was before God moved on to Cain
and Abel. As a result, Adam has spent the past 300,000 years to find a way to destroy God. Throughout Season 9
, it's revealed that Cain took on the Mark
as part of his deal with Lucifer
to kill Abel and send him to Heaven to spare him of becoming his pet. Cain tried to kill himself afterwards, but the Mark brought him back as the first Knight of Hell
. Dean eventually killed Cain in 10.14 The Executioner's Song
, although Adam doesn't appear to harbor a grudge towards Dean, as he seemingly appears interested solely in helping them kill God.
It's revealed that the plan to destroy God
and the Darkness
is actually Adam
's and that Billie
has been manipulating events in order to take over as the new God. In addition, this was another one of God's attempts to get Sam and Dean to kill each other as one of His endings
The Empty was supposed to be mine. Not even God held sway. But lies, sweet little lies.
- The Entity had previously told Castiel that not even God held power in the Empty in 13.04 The Big Empty. The fact that it was actually "sweet little lies" finally explains how God has been able to resurrect Castiel and Lilith despite the Entity's claims.
is willingly absorbed into Chuck
, though He states that she is still alive somewhere inside of Him.
You know what every other version of you did after "gripping him tight and raising him from Perdition?" They did what they were told. But not you. Not the "one off the line with a crack in his chassis."
- The "gripped you tight" line is Chuck is paraphrasing Castiel in 4.01 Lazarus Rising about saving Dean. Chuck's line about Castiel being "the one off the line with the crack in his chassis" recalls Naomi's line to Castiel in 8.21 The Great Escapist
Sides, Scripts & Transcripts