|Actor|| Mitch Pileggi|
|Dates||???? - 2011 (killed by Crowley)|
|Episode(s)|| 6.02 Two and a Half Men|
6.10 Caged Heat
The Alpha Shapeshifter was the very first shapeshifter.
Powers and abilities
The Alpha Shapeshifter is an extremely powerful entity that is the father and leader of all shapeshifters. According to common lore, this Alpha has a connection or bond with its offspring which allows it to locate them.
- Its strength greatly exceeds the strength of normal shapeshifters.
- Resistance to silver.
- Its durability and threshold for pain are extremely high, and the only known material that can actually hurt it is iridium.
- It can morph its body to match any human appearance. It does not shed or peel while altering its shape.
- The Colt - The Alpha Vampire's death confirmed that Alpha's were susceptible to the Colt.
- Decapitation - Crowley was able to kill the Alpha Shapeshifter through decapitation.
- Iridium - Can burn the Alpha Shapeshifter similar to the effects of silver on regular shapeshifters and cause him excruciating pain.
This shapeshifter starts gathering a following of its "offspring" and is apparently reproducing with women by morphing into their husbands. When Sam and Dean rescue one of its children, the Alpha Shapeshifter storms the Campbell's compound and kills Mark Campbell, overcoming several gunshot wounds and tranquilizer darts, as well as a silver knife to the heart. It then reclaims the baby from Dean and leaves. This shapeshifter is able to transform in just a few seconds without shedding its skin.
Crowley interrogates the Alpha Shapeshifter on Purgatory's location. Crowley then reveals that iridium, although expensive and rare, is capable of damaging and killing the Alpha Shapeshifter. He threatens to kill the shapeshifter's offspring that he currently has captured, but the Alpha Shapeshifter still refuses and tells Crowley that more shapeshifters would be produced if he killed the others. Crowley beheads the Alpha.