|Actor||Lauren Cohan; Tiera Skovbye (young Bela)|
|Dates||born in 1983/1984. Killed by Hellhounds mid-April 2008|
|Location||Queens, New York|
|Occupation||Thief and con artist|
|Episode(s)|| 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock|
3.06 Red Sky at Morning
3.07 Fresh Blood
3.10 Dream a Little Dream of Me
3.12 Jus in Bello
3.15 Time Is on My Side
- Bela Talbot acquires supernatural objects for rich clients, and also runs scams selling fake charms and running seances
- According to Bobby, Bela knows her way around the hunting world, but occupies it in a different way to typical hunters. 3.03
- Has some skills in contacting the dead and uses them as an information source. In 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock she tells Dean she used a Ouija Board to find John's lock-up, and in 3.07 Fresh Blood, a spirit tells her where Gordon is.
- She had her parents killed in exchange for her soul as part of a ten-year deal she made with a Crossroads Demon when she was 14 due to what is implied to be abuse by her father. 3.15 This was the reason the ghost ship allowed her to see it and why she was hunted by the sailor's ghost. 3.06
- Has an apartment in Queens, New York
- Recently returned from the Middle East 3.03
- Lives with a Siamese cat (see Bela's cat)
- Her real name is Abby. 3.15
- She was twenty-four in 3.15, making her about four years younger than Dean and the same age as Sam.
- Casting Side for Bela from June, 2007. This scene between Bela and Dean was used to cast the role of Bela. The scene features a plot line that did not occur early in Bela's role in the show, and so it is likely this scene is either from a script that was substantially re-written or the scene was written specifically for casting.
- Bela's Car is a Mercedes CLK.
- Bela frequently uses a stainless steel Walther PPK/s pistol chambered in the .380 ACP caliber, which is a slightly larger version of the Walther PPK, widely recognized as James Bond's choice weapon. This is a fitting small pistol for a someone who is a career thief and needs a light and compact weapon. Despite this, Bela has also been spotted wielding a Desert Eagle pistol chambered in .357 Magnum in episode 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock, when she holds up Dean and Sam demanding the Rabbit's Foot back.
Bela tries to obtain and sell a Rabbit's Foot (the highest bid seems to be $1.5 million). She finds out that it is in a curse box in a storage container of John's by communicating with the foot's victims via a Ouija Board, and pays thieves to retrieve it for her. Ultimately, falling victim to the curse herself, she's forced to help Sam and Dean destroy it.
Bela reveals more of her character by telling Sam & Dean about how she seemingly scams rich customers (such as Gertrude Case) by holding seances for them & selling them supernatural charms.
At first she seems to be working the same job as Sam & Dean (Ghost Ship), but it turns out to be an elaborate manipulation - with their involuntary help, she steals the Hand of Glory, which she sells to a client.
When Bela herself sees the Ghost Ship, she turns to Sam and Dean for help. It is revealed that this particular ship - the Espírito Santo only appears to those who have spilled the blood of a family member, but Bela refuses to share this part of her history.
By summoning the brother of the Vengeful Spirit, the spirit is put to rest and Bela escapes death. She gives Sam and Dean $10,000 for helping her.
Gordon has escaped from prison, and tracks down Bela after he finds out she had been working with the Winchesters. Although he threatens to shoot her, she only reveals their whereabouts when Gordon gives her a priceless Mojo Bag.
When Dean later deduces that Bela led Gordon to them, he calls her and threatens to kill her. In an attempt to avert this, Bela contacts a spirit, who reveals Gordon's whereabouts. She passes this information onto Dean.
Sam and Dean decide to take some of the herb themselves in order to enter Bobby's dream, and contact Bela to see if she can obtain some. She at first refuses, but then arrives at the boys' hotel room, just after Sam has had a rather sexy dream about her. Bela says she wants to help Bobby because he saved her life in Flagstaff, although this is later revealed by Bobby to be a lie. She remains to help during the case, but disappears suddenly - having stolen The Colt.
Sam and Dean are pursuing Bela in an attempt to retrieve the stolen Colt. However, Bela sets them off with an anonymous tip to the FBI, and they are apprehended by Henriksen in Monument, Colorado, where they had followed a trail to her abandoned hotel room.
Dean receives a phone call from Bobby, who in turn got a phone call from an old hunter friend by the name of Rufus Turner. Rufus claims to know about Bela's whereabouts, so after a fight with Sam about whether or not it's such a good idea to hunt for Bela now Dean goes to Vermont to meet him. Rufus presents him with a manila folder on Bela's past. Dean learns that Bela killed her parents when she was 14 years old (the flashbacks strongly suggest that her father sexually abused her). They died in a car accident. When Dean finds Bela in the Canaan hotel, she shows no regrets about her parents' deaths. Bela claims to have sold the Colt to a buyer already. Dean is close to killing her, when he spots a Devil's Shoestring propped on the door pane above her.
Later, Bela drives to Erie, Pennsylvania. When she arrives in the boys' motel room, she shoots at the occupied beds, only to discover that the boys weren't in them, but left two inflatable sex dolls instead. She receives a phone call from Dean, who reveals that he knows that, she didn't kill her parents herself, but made a deal with a devil who then killed them and that today is the anniversary of that deal, thus her soul is due. Bela reveals that her only way of getting out of that deal would have been killing Sam. She also tells Dean, that Lilith holds all the contracts. When Dean hangs up, the digital clock on the night stand strikes midnight, and Bela hears the howling of the Hellhounds approaching rapidly. Her death is extremely probable, but not seen onscreen.
Fangirl Becky tells Sam that in the Supernatural book written by Chuck which tells the events of 3.15 Time Is On My Side, Bela gave the Colt not to Lilith but to her right hand demon, and possibly lover, Crowley.
- We're All Going to Hell – LiveJournal community for Bela
- Dean/Bela – A LiveJournal community for Dean/Bela pairing
- Due to the fact that Bela's death was not seen, fans started an online petition in hopes of bringing Lauren Cohan back on the show as Bela Talbot. For more information, visit the Supernatural Wiki entry Bring Back Bela.
- In the 16th century, there was a notorious English occult charlatan called Edward Talbot a.k.a. Edward Kelley, who in his younger years was pilloried for forgery or counterfeiting, and who later claimed to be a spirit medium and an alchemist (on a continuous quest to make gold). Swindling, occult activities aimed at riches, and consulting spirits, are also traits of Bela. But whether her last name is based on this historical character remains a speculation.
- Abby would be short for Abigail, a name that is said to mean "Father of joy" in Hebrew. Who can blame Bela for dropping that name seeing her past...
- In the Old Testament, Bela is a city close to the sinfull cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, but unlike these it was not destroyed (Genesis 14:2, 19:22).