The Supernatural CineQuest exclusives are available at Booth #4539.
These are events featuring cast and crew from Supernatural.
Thursday July 18th
- Wayward Cocktails (from 6 pm, Garage Kitchen and Bar) is a celebration of all things Supernatural with snacks from the Bunker, themed cocktails, mocktails, wine and beer, and a Hunter’s Bag full of exclusive goodies. Tickets available here. Free to cast and crew of Supernatural.
- Report on Wayward Cocktails by The Orange County Register
- Psychology of Cult TV Shows: An Annual Review (8:00 pm – 9:00 pm; Room 25ABC) This team of actors, TV writers, and psychologists will discuss the psychology of your favorite TV shows. Panllists include: Ruth Connell and Rachel Miner, Dr. Janina Scarlet, Tamara Robertson, writers Greg Weisman, Deric Hughes, and Jonathan Maberry (V-Wars). Dustin McGinnis (Superhero Therapy podcast) moderates.
Friday July 19th
- Robbie Thompson - Signing - Marvel Booth #2329 2-2.40 pm.
- The Boys (3:30 – 4:30 pm, Ballroom 20) Join executive producers Seth Rogen and Eric Kripke, along with series stars Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chace Crawford, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara, and Elisabeth Shue, with moderator Aisha Tyler, for a behind the scenes look at their upcoming series. The Boys is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes – who are as popular as celebrities – abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. It’s the powerless against the super-powerful as The Boys embark on a heroic quest to expose the truth about The Seven.
- The Boys panel report by FangasmSPN
- Don’t Dream It’s Over: What Fandoms Do When Long-Running Stories End (7:00 pm – 8:00 pm; Grand 12 & 13, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina} A mix of fans and pros, including Flourish Klink (Fansplaining), Lynn Zubernis (Family Don’t End with Blood), and Craig Titley (executive producer/writer, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) discuss how fandoms continue after the “official” stories wrap up through meet-ups and cons, transformative works and meta—and how fans can support their favorite off-the-air stories to encourage sequels, spinoffs, and reboots.
- DisSDCC: Representation, Inclusion, Accessibility (9 pm-10 pm; Room 28DE). A panel and Q & A focusing on disability representation in media and fandom. Panelists will include Rachel Miner (Supernatural, D&D Live), Shoshannah Stern (This Close, Supernatural), and Nic Novicki (Easterseals Disability Film Challenge). Other panelists include: Cindy Kapp, Kai Winchester, Emy Cook, and Lynn Gagne. It is moderated by Tanya Cook (Always Keep Nerd Fighting). ASL interpreters will be present.
- Video interviews after the panel by Alana King
Saturday July 20th
- Let Your Fandom Fly (Grand 10&11, Marriott Marquis, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm) In this interactive panel, moderator Sam Maggs (Captain Marvel) wants to hear from YOU. Share with panelists Robbie Thompson (Meet the Skrulls, Supernatural), Steenz (Archival Quality), Sarah Kuhn (I Love You So Mochi, Heroine Complex), and Riley Silverman (Troubled Waters) all your best cosplay, fanart, and fanfic. They want to know how you celebrate and honor your fandom, and advise you on how to take it to the next level.
- DC UNIVERSE Series - including Doom Patrol (7:00–9:00 pm; Indigo Ballroom). Panel includes Jeremy Carver and Diane Guerrero
- Beyond Scream Queens (8:30 pm - 9:30 pm; Room 26AB) Horror veterans Jocelin Donahue (The House of the Devil, Doctor Sleep), Alex Essoe (Doctor Sleep, Starry Eyes), Alaina Huffman (The Perfection, Supernatural), Heidi Honeycutt (Etheria Film Night), and Ruth Connell (Supernatural) lead a discussion of how horror roles can empower women by giving them the opportunity to be the hero of the story-or the villain. Moderated by John Marcotte (Heroic Girls).
Sunday July 21st
- Supernatural Panel (10:30 - 11:30 am; Hall H). Rob Benedict and Richard Speight to host. Panellists tbc.
- Autograph signings will take place in the WB/DC booth #4545.
- Holly Ollis, Head of WB Publicity opening by Whedonopolis
- Final Panel by Osric Chau
- Final Panel by The Fandom
- Final Panel by VWinchester
- Panel Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and End of panel by Whedonopolis
- Video showcasing the restoration of the Impala which was given away to a fan
- Misha, Jared and Jensen say goodbye by Supernatural Conventions
- Supernatural stars earn standing ovation after emotional final Comic-Con panel by EW
- Supernatural Showrunner on Final Season: ‘If You Thought Game of Thrones Was Bad, Just Wait’ by Vulture
- 'Supernatural’ Team Gets Emotional Final Season Sendoff at Comic-Con by Variety
- Saying Goodbye to Supernatural: The San Diego Comic-Con Panel 2019 by Nightsky for The Winchester Family Business
- The "Supernatural" Cast Started Their Final Season By Saying Goodbye To Comic-Con And It's Emotional by Buzzfeeed
- Supernatura's emotional final panel by SYFY
- Supernatural prepares for its final season by SYFY
- One Fan Gets to Give “Baby” a Home by Bleeding Cool
- Jensen Ackles Jokes Wife Danneel Harris Asks Him to ‘Use the Dean Voice’ at Home by US Magazine
- Video interview with Misha, Jensen and Jared by TVInsider
- Bob Singer previews Season 15 by TV Insider
- GISH launches SPNFamilyValues by nerds and beyond
- Misha at Hall H line talking SPNFamilyValues
- Jensen reminisces about his first day on SPN and puts on Cyclops glasses by ReviewNation
- Jared meets his favorite Star Wars author by ReviewNation
- Behind the scenes photos from TV Insider
- What to Expect in the Final Season by The Mary Sue
- How the Cast and Writers feel about the end of Supernatural by The Mary Sue
- Supernatural Cast & EPs Talk Final Season at ComingSoon
- Inside the Last Supernatural Press Room by Nightsky for The Winchester Family Business
These videos represent each of the roundtables. For a full list of videos see here.
- Jared by Whedonopolis
- Jared by Showbizjunkies
- Jared by KSITETV
- Jared by The TV Addict
- Jared #1 and Jared #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Jared by Fangasm
- Jared by ComingSoon.net
- Jensen by Whedonopolis
- Jensen by Showbizjunkies
- Jensen by KSITETV
- Jensen by The TV Addict
- Jensen #1 and Jensen #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Jensen by FangasmSPN
- Jensen by ComingSoon.net
- Misha by Showbizjunkies
- Misha by KSITETV
- Misha #1 and Misha #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Misha by Fangasm
- Alex by Whedonopolis
- Alex by KSITETV
- Alex #1 and Alex #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Alex by Fangasm
- Alex by Comingsoon.net
- Bob Singer by Whedonopolis
- Bob Singer (starts at 3:30) by The TV Addict
- Bob Singer #1 and Bob Singer #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Bob Singer by Hollywood NewsSource
- Bob Singer by Fangasm
- Bob Singer by ComingSoon.net
- Andrew by Whedonopolis
- Andrew by The TV Addict
- Andrew #1 and Andrew #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Andrew by Fangasm
- Andrew by ComingSoon.net
- Andrew by Hollywood NewsSource
- Bob by Whedonopolis
- Bob by The TV Addict
- Bob #1 and Bob #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Bob by Fangasm
- Bob by ComingSoon.net
- Eugenie by Whedonopolis
- Eugenie #1 and Eugenie #2 by The Winchester Family Business
- Eugenie by Fangasm
- Eugenie by ComingSoon.net
- Brad by Whedonopolis
- Brad (starts at 5:44) by The TV Addict
- Brad by Hollywood NewsSource
- Brad by ComingSoon.net
- Brad by The Winchester Family Business
- Ruth by Showbizjunkies
The start of Season 15
Chuck will be absent and the focus will be on fighting the dead that have been raised in the first few episodes. Castiel feel both remorseful and responsible for Jack's death and the zombie apocalypse. There will be a rift between Cas and the boys at the start.
"What does it mean to be a hero when you don't have free will?" – Bob Berens
The Winchesters and Cas will be thrown into an existential crisis by the revelation that Chuck has manipulated their lives, that they have simply been puppets with Chuck pulling the strings.
Sam and Dean will respond differently to the revelation that God has been manipulating their lives. Some of Dean's reactions may appear more "Sam like" and vice versa. Cas will also respond in a different way. Sam will be very "we've got work to do," and feel that regardless of how much free will they do or don't have, he thinks they keep doing what they've always done and its worth it if they save one person. Meanwhile, Cas will be shaken to his core.
Jared sums it up as "Are we rats in a maze or a hamster on a wheel?" The hamster's path is entirely determined by the wheel, whereas maybe the boys can choose to go left or right and take different paths, but at the end of the day they are still contained in a maze of Chuck's design.
Bob Singer said that the finale "won't be a total downer" or "an enigmatic ending as in The Sopranos or St. Elsewhere." He said there would be "an emotional season and a real ending." Andrew Dabb joked “The things we have in mind, about 30 percent of people will be really happy...If you thought Game of Thrones was bad, just wait."
Jensen said he found it hard to get his head around the finale when he first heard what was planned, because he was too close and so emotionally invested. He spoke to both Eric Kripke and Bob Singer, and that gave him some clarity, and now he feels its "satisfying". Jared said he used to say he wanted the brothers to die in the end, and he thinks what he really wanted was for them to find peace, and he thinks that is what they get in the finale.
Misha said he would like for Castiel's story (and the show) to have some finality.
Bob Berens -- the challenge is find a balance of pain and uplift, in a way that is fresh.
They have scheduled an extra day for the finale and will film the final scene on the final day. Jensen nerd fact: The last episode will be 327 and that's also the best small block engine they put in the Chevy Impalas back in the '60s.
Jack may be reluctant to return to Earth immediately due to the damage he's caused, but also he will want to help the Winchesters. What Billie (Death) offers Jack will unfold over the course of the season.
"It's about honoring the past..." – Brad Buckner There will be returning monsters and characters some of the consequences of what Chuck did at the end of Season 14 and for other story reasons. The characters chosen to come back based on their emotional weight, and what they mean to the brothers.
There will be a meta episode in the second half of the season. They will revisit and tie up some Wayward threads.
Jared said he really wanted his kids to at least be in the background
There is a fun episode where the rules of the world don't work for the characters the way they used to.
Written by Davy Perez, this the episode Jensen is directing sees the boys on a hunt to keep their skills sharp. A standalone episode with elements of the mytharc storylines. Rob Benedict features as Chuck.
Dabb ruled out another attempt at a spin-off, but said the positive side of that was that the story for Supernatural could wrap up in a way that didn't have to pay attention to other storylines. Singer said he didn't think a movie was a "pipe dream" although in a few years time. He said he thought "the boys would probably love to do it."