|Name||Mary Winchester (nee Campbell)|
|Actor|| Samantha Smith|
Amy Gumenick (young)
|Dates||December 5, 1954 - November 2, 1983|
|Episode(s)|| 1.01 Pilot|
2.20 What Is and What Should Never Be
2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One
4.03 In The Beginning (young)
- A draft script of the Pilot ages Mary in her late 20s at time of death.
- Kept extensive journals (see The Journal (diary entries))
- Mary's spirit haunted the house in which she died, appearing in the room that was Sam's nursery as a flaming figure, before she sacrifices herself in order to banish a powerful poltergeist in 2006. (1.09)
- In 2.20 What Is and What Should Never Be, it is Mary's birthday and the date is December 5th.
- In 2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One, the Yellow-Eyed Demon shows Sam a vision of the night Mary died. It is revealed that she was killed because she interrupted him as he fed his blood to baby Sam, and that she recognized him.
- In Supernatural Origins 1, it is suggested that Mary's birthday is November 2.
- Has at least one unnamed brother or uncle, who Sam and Dean have never met. He is mentioned in (2.04 Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (episode)).
- In 4.03 In The Beginning, Dean is transported back to 1973 and discovers that Mary (nee Campbell) was a hunter, as were her parents. She was very capable but ambivalent about the life and wanted to leave for a safe life with her boyfriend John Winchester. She tells Dean the worst thing she can think of is having her children raised to be hunters. After her parents and her boyfriend, John Winchester, are killed, Mary agrees to the deal with Azazel.
- In Februyary 1979, John and Mary go rafting in the Grand Canyon while on their honeymoon. Their raft flips, and John nearly drowns until Mary saves him. That night Dean is conceived.Origins 4
Correction Origins #4 is incorrect about the year Mary died according to the 1.01 Pilot Mary's death takes place 22 years prior to when we meet Sam & Dean as adults in October 2005. That would place her death in November 1983 not 1982. Dean was four years old when Mary died in November 1983, and this is in sync with the birth date of January 24, 1979 given both in 1.06 Skin and 2.07 The Usual Suspects. Therefore the trip John talks about in Origins #4 would have taken place the week of April 24, 1978 not February, 1979, nine months prior to the date of Dean's birth.