|Name||Mary Winchester (nee Campbell)|
|Actor|| Samantha Smith|
Amy Gumenick (young)
|Dates||December 5, 1954 - November 2, 1983|
|Episode(s)|| 1.01 Pilot|
2.20 What Is and What Should Never Be
2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One
4.03 In The Beginning
4.20 When The Levee Breaks
- A draft script of the Pilot ages Mary in her late 20s at time of death.
- Kept extensive journals (see The Journal (diary entries))
When Sam has visions about their old home, they find a malevolent spirit at work. When it attacks them, Mary's spirit appears in the room that was Sam's nursery as a flaming figure, and she sacrifices herself in order to banish the powerful poltergeist.
A Djinn uses a wish from Dean's mind - that Mary never died - to draw him into a dreamlike state while the creature feeds on Dean. In the fantasy world, Mary is still alive, Sam is at college and engaged to Jess, although he and Dean are estranged.
Castiel sends Dean back to 1977. Mary is dating John Winchester, who is unaware that she is a hunter, from a family of hunters. Mary wants to stop hunting, and doesn't want to raise a family in the life. The Yellow-Eyed Demon meets her, and after killing her parents and John, makes the deal that will allow him to return to her home in ten years.
Sam hallucinates his mother giving him support and urging him to continue drinking the Demon Blood when he is in withdrawal.
- In 2.20 What Is and What Should Never Be, it is Mary's birthday and the date is December 5th.
- In 2.21 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part One, the Yellow-Eyed Demon shows Sam a vision of the night Mary died. It is revealed that she was killed because she interrupted him as he fed his blood to baby Sam, and that she recognized him.
- In Supernatural Origins 1, it is suggested that Mary's birthday is November 2.
- Has at least one unnamed brother or uncle, who Sam and Dean have never met. He is mentioned in (2.04 Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (episode)).
- In 4.03 In The Beginning, Dean is transported back to 1973 and discovers that Mary (nee Campbell) was a hunter, as were her parents. She was very capable but ambivalent about the life and wanted to leave for a safe life with her boyfriend John Winchester. She tells Dean the worst thing she can think of is having her children raised to be hunters. After her parents and her boyfriend, John Winchester, are killed, Mary agrees to the deal with Azazel.
- In February 1979, John and Mary go rafting in the Grand Canyon while on their honeymoon. Their raft flips, and John nearly drowns until Mary saves him. That night Dean is conceived.Origins 4