Sam's Cell Phone
Sam owned a Palm Treo 650. It is a compact mobile phone with email, an organizer, messaging, and web access. There's also an MP3 player and a digital camera that captures video. He uses it to take photos of the symbols on the wall of the Hell House and to retrieve and send emails. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
He also owned a Motorola Q8. He uses it in 2.18 Hollywood Babylon to see ghosts not visible to the naked eye.
As of 6.16 ...And Then There Were None, Sam owns a Blackberry Tour 9630. Dean is in his contact list as "D." Other names in his contact list are Andrei A, Anya Gadson, Bobby, Brad, Chris Cooper, and Christian.
Sam's Cell Phone in use
- While driving to the scene of the accident, Sam uses his phone to contact local hospitals to see if their dad has been admitted.
- Sam uses his phone again in the motel room try to call Jess, as Dean leaves to get food. He gets her voicemail and doesn't leave her a message. He then listens to a message from Jess. Dean calls and interrupts to let Sam know the police are on to them.
- Later Sam is driving after Dean has been arrested and he answers his phone. It's Dean, who tells him the fake 911 phone call was "pretty illegal". They discuss the location of their father until Sam "hits" a woman in the road.
- While Dean stops for gas, Sam is reading emails on his phone using a stylus. The email from Becky Warren leads to a new case.
- Later Sams phone rings. It's Becky calling to let him know that she no longer wants his help, because she's found out that Dean is not a detective and is upset that they might have ruined Zach's case.
- Sam calls Matt Pike after they fail to get Larry Pike to leave. Dean grabs the phone and tells Matt to make up a phony story to get his dad to take him to the hospital.
- The opening scene shows Sam on his phone in the motel room asking a munitions seller Caleb if he's seen or heard from his dad. After he hangs up he tells Dean neither Jefferson or Pastor Jim have heard from John either.
- Sam and Dean have split up so Sam can take Gavin and Kat top safety outside the Asylum. As they try to escape his phone rings, and he it's Dean who says he's in the basement and needs Sam's help.
- Sam's phone rings and wakes him up, it's finally John calling his boys. John assures Sam he's okay and asks after him and Dean. He won't tell Sam where he is, but informs him he's after a Demon. He expresses his condolences about Jess. John tells Sam he can't come and not to look for him, demanding he write down some names. Sam refuses and Dean takes the phone, he then does exactly as John asks without hesitation.
- Having left Dean behind and unable to get a bus, Sam takes his phone out and almost calls Dean, as Meg interrupts.
- While Meg is sleeping, Sam talks to Dean about the events occurring in Burkittsville.
- Sam tries to call John to let him know what's happened to Dean. He doesn't answer and Sam leaves a voicemail.
- Sam gets a call from Dean who says he stopped Roy, but Sam says the reaper hasn't stopped coming for them.
- The boys have split up to research and Sam calls Dean with a lead in the case.
- Sam gets a call from Dean who is being chased in the Impala by the ghost truck. Sam tells him he a minute and hangs up to call Cassie. He quickly calls Dean back and gives him driving instructions to a specific church.
- Dean calls Sam, who's sitting outside Me'gs place watching her, Meg to give him the news that her background checks out after a little research. Then they discuss the case.
- Sam uses his phone to take pictures of the symbols all over the hell house.
- As Ed and Harry leave, Sam confesses to Dean, he is the one who phoned the boys and said he was a producer.