Supernatural Scrapbook Jan-June 2008
- Supernatural Scrapbook 2007
- 2008 started with production in limbo and the boys on an extended holiday due to the Writers Guild of America Strike.
January 18 Some priceless quotes from Jared from Issue #2 of the Supernatural: Official Magazine:
I think the reason Jensen and I got along so well was because we didn't really go about bonding....It didn't feel like a blind date. It felt like we were continuing a relationship as opposed to saying, 'All right, we're supposed to hang out with each other...or something.' We just sort of hung out....We just hit it off immediately. There's no rhyme of reason to what happened.
When we can, we love to go out and have a drink, watch football, or catch a hockey game now that we're in Canada....whenever we get the chance, we'll hang out, play basketball or work out or something...
I find that if I don't work out, I have too much energy and I'm kind of annoying.
January 18-20 Fangoria Texas 2008 Favourite quote:
It's kinda two stories. A guy asked Jared to share a dirty secret from the set, something that's not usually published. Of course, there was a o_O moment, and Jared said he'd get back to him on that. It became kind of an in-joke after that whenever Jared slipped. Someone asked what what he'd done to improve his performance even more this third season, and he just deadpanned "Drugs." Then he laughed, said, "no, not drugs" then turned to the first guy and said, "Ah, dirty secret."
Well, someone asked about him working with Sandy and if it was difficult. He mentioned (and I'm trying to remember it all since I didn't exactly take notes) that it was kinda hard to turn off the history between the two of them. Like, he spends a lot of time with Jensen too, but he doesn't kiss Jensen...in public. "Dirty secret." *cue laughtrack* source
late January European Vacation. Jared headed to Europe where he later found out he proposed to Sandy in Paris. We don't have video of that, we do of an interview with Digital Spy.
January 31 The first episode for 2008, 3.09 Malleus Maleficarum, airs.
February 6 The Contractural Obligations Tour - Jensen Down Under Jensen arrived in Australia as part of a WB press tour. Despite the tour featuring stars from shows with much higher ratings in Australia, Jensen garnered the bulk of the publicity with radio, TV and many hot pics. Link to collected material Highlight included an appearance on the comedy show Good News Week, which featured some playful flirting with hot Paul McDermott. Including this exchange:
Paul mentioned that he found a website called "I worship at the shrine of Jensen's Ackles Ass." And Jensen shot back "How long have you been running that?"
- Jensen Good News Week appearance
- Jensen answers fan questions Part One and Part Two includes TOM WELLING impersonation
- New Supernatural promo "It's a Guy Thing"
- from Sydney Sun Herald:
He's Super Naturally... Deliciously handsome Jensen Ackles gets the award for the yummiest Yank visiting Sydney last week. And also the most down-to-earth. The Channel Ten star of Supernatural was far from star-like during his stay, even catching the bus to Bondi to do the cliff walk. Yes, that's right - he caught the bus. He was travelling with his girlfriend (insert disappointed sigh here)and took her on low-key, but romantic dates, such as catching the ferry to Manly, heading out to Watson Bay for fish and chips and visiting Taronga Zoo. His girlfriend had to return to the US early so he used the time to shop secretly for a magnificent opal for her as a gift to commemorate their trip. Awwwwww
- WHO Weekly has a nice interview where he talked about liking sharks and being a bad influence as an uncle.
Hot pics: There were many but these two were my favs
- from Seasalt Cafe at Clovelly Beach
March 2 Lakers Game, LA. Morning after the night before. Pics of Jared and Sandy at a Laker's Game. Jared possibly less perky than usual as it was the day after Jensen's 30th birthday.
March 29 Sweet and funny interview with Sandy where she talks about her love of fried food and Jared being a nerdy chess whizz with a mancrush on Johnny Depp.
March 29-30 Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2008 Jared and Jensen along with other guest including Sandy and Eric Kripke. Highlights include:
- Jason Manns selling a new version of "Crazy Love" which included Jensen singing lead on the second verse. Jason disappointed when he discovers apparently you can download things for free on the internet.
- Kripke thanks the fans
- Opening of the J2 breakfast and Jared's engagement announcement
- Jensen's impersonation of Jared as Sam
- Bring me a farting panda! demands Jensen
Fav pics - so many but here are 3 from elsiecat:
March 24 Jared announced as one of the leads (not the one in the hockey mask) in Friday 13th remake.
March 27 Harley recuperates with Sandy in LA following a knee operation. (I know because my dog has Harley friended on Facebook)
April 3 New Promo pics.
April 4-6 EyeCon April 2008 The first Eyecon is held in Orlando, Florida. Highlights:
Gabe is so adorable omg, so damn cute!! He bought a friend with him who was drunk and they were so entertaining!! They just cracked me up, and then Chad came over and joined him so we got double boys!! There was discussion of Ash/Andy slash fic lol, and ghost!/zombie! Andy and Ash. It was a lot of fun.([from bobbinrob's report)
- Jared's panel video
- Sandy seen wearing a "Sam Winchester cries his way through sex" t-shirt made by [kcohan1](pic from by [info]meimei42)
April 7 Jensen also announces he will star in My Bloody Valentine 3D.
April 8 Buddy TV interview with Jensen where he comments on the S2 gag reel where Jared splits his pants.If you see that outtake you'll notice that I'm laughing hysterically, probably more than I should be. But it was funny, because he was talking about, "Man, I'm like putting on this weight, and I'm retaining all this water," and I'm like, "You're such a girl, dude." And then he does that and his pants rip, and I just couldn't hold it in, it was hilarious. What an idiot.
and also from an interview with Jensen from Australian mag TV Hits(about working with Jared) We joke about the fact that we spend more time with each other than our girlfriends (laughs) But it's good when you have the relationship he and I have.
April 14 Charlie the Unicorn 2 is released and Jared drives everyone on set batshit crazy as he keeps grabbing Dean's amulet and going "DEEEEEEEN! The Magical Amulet! We must take it to the Bannana King!" and making that annoying blblblbbl sound with his tongue.
Actually this never happened. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
April 16 TWIZZLERED!!!!! Jared and Jensen both do interview with the CW during the filming of the season finale. During Jared's interview Jensen walked in and twizzlered him.
May-June Friday the 13th meets My Bloody Valentine 3D Jared goes straight from filming Supernatural to the set of Friday the 13th in Austin, while Jensen heads to Pittsburgh to film My Bloody Valentine.
- There is teasing about whose film is better.Padalecki, sitting by our side watching video playback with the producers, recognizes he's got the better end of the deal. "Jensen's in Pennsylvania now. I totally get the cooler bad guy [to fight]. He's doing 3-D so all of his imperfections will be hard to ignore," he laughs. "All of his imperfections, I don't want to sound like... I'm saying if I was in 3-D I'd be much more worried, but here I am on a flat screen, I get to hide easy."
- But life wasn't all easy for Jared on set. This from the producers' Platinum Dunes site:And finally, there's Jared Padalecki, who spent two nights getting his face smashed through a pane of glass over and over. If any of you went to the Dallas "Supernatural" Convention you probably noticed all of the cuts on his nose and forehead.
- Writer of MBV Todd farmer turns out to be quite the Jensen fan and raves about him regularly on his blog:This is just a small thing but I found it endearing. I guess it was day one. I had not yet been introduced to Mr. Ackles. And there was no guarantee that I would be. Writers tend to drool, belch and break wind so the powers that be like to keep up away from the talent. Truth is, writers, we do our part early on. We may tweak a line or two during production or make a quick change due to budget restraints but our job is to stay out of the way once the cameras start rolling. We become both unseen and forgotten. So, I was well hidden in the shadows across the set from where Jensen was shooting a very intense scene. Cut. Then as the crew moved camera and lights for the next set up, Jensen crossed the entire set. I remember looking up and thinking, hmm, wonder where he's going. Turns out he was coming to introduce himself to me. Looks, talent and just a wonderfully nice guy.
- From an interview with Jared's MBV3D co-star Kerr Smith"It was a pleasure to work with him again. Jensen's a cool cat, man. He's tall, formal and just a fun guy to hang out with." He says they had a bit of fun taunting Ackles' Supernatural co-star who was off on another slasher redo. "We were calling Jared [Padalecki] - because he was shooting [Friday the 13th] in Texas when we were shooting in Pittsbugrh - and Jensen was telling him, "You know our movie is better than yours, right?"
May 11 Asylum 2008 Jared and Jensen aren't present due to filming commitments, but by all accounts a great Con.
- Following his "I read Bobby/John" t-shirt at Eyecon, this time he wore "I read Bobby/you"!!!!
- Everyone seemed to be adoring Katie and Lauren
- On filming the makeout scene with Jared in "Dream" Apparently Jared was all concerned for Lauren (who was trying to make the scene hot) and Jared was the one who was a nervous wreck during it, being all 'if you get uncomfortable just gimme the nod and we can get everyone else out of the room, just tell me if it's weird for you, it's okay!' "
- Sterling Brown (Gordon) said Sterling said one of J2's favourite pranks for each other was finding each others' most embarrassing modelling pictures and posting them up all over set.
June 6-8 Salute to Supernatural Dallas 2008 Following weeks of internet rumours, Jared confirmed at the Con that he and Sandy have called off their engagement. Jensen was to have appeared, but had to cancel due to commitments filming My Bloody Valentine in Pittsburgh. However the Ackles family did drop into the Con to see Jared.
- Jim Beaver wears a "I'm a male lesbian" t-shirt.when asked by a young girl if he missed Jensen, Jared said if course and that he had just talked to Jensen for an hour on the phone the day before and that they were always texting each other.(from a report by runedgirl)
Jared on his favourite present from Jensen: "when time's are tough or at the end of a hard day or something, he's like "let me buy you dinner", 'cause food is the way to my heart. To hell with his friendship, if he buys me a steak or two, i'm happy!" (video here)
June 21-22 Supanova Sydney 2008 A last minute replacement for Hayden Panettiere, Jared flies into Sydney and his luggage goes missing resulting in the first news reports focusing on the trials of buying grundies (aussie slang for undies) in a foreign country. Highlights:
- A fan does the Network Ten interview. It's a brilliant job and one of Jared's best interviews.
- Jared discovers a new snack thanks to a local fan
Fan: I have a few things for you..... JP: *big grin* Awesome!! *starts rummaging through the bag like a little kid!!* Fan: There is a "real" footy (AFL) in there for your dogs, and some candy for you!! JP: Oh wow!!! This is awesome!! *HUGE grin* Fan: There are some glow in the dark M & Ms in there too!! JP: Are you serious??? Get out!!! Glow in the dark?!?!? Fan: Yep!! JP: I am gonna test these out tonight back at the hotel....gonna scatter them around and turn the lights off!...*laughs*
- And a video confirms Jared and Jensen love Australia, with snippets from both their visits Down Under.