removed text speculating about what aspects of God the archangel's represent. please try and confine text to facts from canon. if you wish to include, for example, information from lore or religious texts about God, please mark it as such and provide links to external sources--Missyjack 04:26, 10 December 2009 (UTC)
Should we really be assuming that Chuck is god? There has been no confirmation of this...
- Exactly.--Big Jack 21:25, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- You’ve brought up an excellent point. However, Chuck did seem to know a lot about the Impala, possibly through Omniscience. Also, he did vanish at the end of episode 5.22 Swan Song. Humans can't just disappear nor can Prophets. It's very safe to say that Chuck is God. In my opinion it was an excellent set up; he disguised himself as a prophet, but in reality he was God from the beginning (4.18 The Monster At The End Of This Book)!
- Just as a correction, 2 humans, who were prophets have been called physically directly up to Heaven, Enoch and Elija. They had served God the way he needed them and just were immediately called up to Heaven, they didn't have to die to go there. SO I think the way he disappeared @ the end was just to show his job as the Winchester prophet was completed. --Jellebean 22:18, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Anderson Writer, MAY 15th 2010 (UTC)
- I saw a spoiler from Comic-Con saying God would be a character on Supernatural this season (I can find the link if you like), and do we have any other candidates? I can also find the recent tweet from @vancouvernights saying the consensus on set is that Chuck is God. —EllieMurasaki 02:17, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
http://twitter.com/vancouvernights/status/13987456491 Tweet from the insider on the SPN set. I purposefully have worded things as Chuck seems to be God to indicate there was no "chuck is God" explicit announcement.
And dean's amulet? If chuck was god why it doesn't burn in his presence? However, what kind of god chuck suppose to be? A decayed one, not the perfect one of cristianity... I like this.--Big Jack 14:21, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
There's an easy answer to that question. If Chuck was 'God than couldn't he block the effects of the Amulet? Also, Joshua did state that the Amulet couldn't help them find God. And like I said before it's a clever cover up; posing a prophet is a sneaky move on His part.
Anderson Writer, MAY 17th 2010 (UTC)
A lot can change while writing a season though. Also the impala thing could be because A) He is a prophet. B) He made it up for the book (He is a writer and it's not like they have to be ENTIRELY true right?). --Ryans-cupcake 16:56, 17 May 2010
Ok so new Chuck theory. He's Jesus. Not God. It would still make sense, he'd be super powerful and everything. And it would explain the mary magdalene thing.
Tecnicaly for the christian religion jesus and god are the same think.--Big Jack 12:27, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- There's a joke that the quickest way to get a new sect of Christianity started is to find two members of the same sect in a room and ask them both about the nature of Christ and his relationship to God. Given the history of Christianity, the joke's fairly close to the truth. And Supernatural's pulled from so many different branches of Christianity that we cannot assume Jesus is God, nor can we assume Jesus is a son of God, nor can we assume Jesus is an ordinary human on a mission from God. In fact, since Jesus has been mentioned on the show a grand total of once that I recall (what did happen to saying 'Christo' to detect demons, anyway?), we cannot assume a damn thing. —EllieMurasaki 04:22, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
"...when a prophet has finished their book(or whatever) they go up to heaven..." According to a Youtube comment.--KaiLuna 04:01, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
You can't use Youtube as a reliable source. I'm sorry to put it in such abrupt terms. Although, I must agree with you, prophets do normally ascend to Heaven when their job is done.... However, it is my honest opinion that Chuck was briefly possessed by JC (Jesus Christ). -- GrammarKing, June 6th 2010
It's not confirmed whether Chuck was God, therefore all comments on the page explicitedly referring to Chuck as God should be removed.
Only two men of God were taken up to Heaven, Enoch and Elijah.
And according to most sects of christianity, Jesus IS God. By 'God' you're probably referring to 'God the Father', who is one of the three persons who make up God.Anonymius 11:53, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
yea chuck was god i believe case as he would write it it would happen like when dean was reading about himself sitting in a place.