The Hillywood Show
The Hillywood Show© is the brainchild of sisters Hilly & Hannah Hindi. They create videos which mashup famous TV shows or movies with reworked pop songs. The parodies are known for their amazing recreations of the sets and details of the show or movie -- along with a lot of singing and dancing. Hillywood have done tributes to Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Sherlock and of course Supernatural.
Both sisters work across all aspects of the videos. Hilly usually plays the lead role, with Hannah playing another key characters, Hannah is the primary director.
The first Supernatural parody was posted on May 21, 2015. The video is based around the events of Season 10 when Dean Winchester struggled with the effects of bearing the Mark of Cain as Sam and Castiel try to find a cure. The song is based on Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" -- which is what Dean tries to do with the Mark.
Dean is played by Hilly Hindi, Sam by Osric Chau and Castiel by Hannah Hindi. Rob Benedict plays Cain. The final segment of the video features guest appearances by many Supernatural cast members and was shot during Salute to Supernatural Las Vegas 2015. As of August 2018 the video had nearly 17 million views.
The second Supernatural parody was posted on August 16, 2018. It is a mashup wit the original Ghostbusters movie, and features a version of its theme song.
Dean and Sam are again played by Hilly Hindi and Osric Chau. This video stands out in that it features many current and past Supernatural cast members, playing roles throughput the ten minute video. Louden Swain and Jason Manns also appear. The video recreates many scenes from across Supernatural's 13 seasons. There are also many Ghostbuster references, and Misha Collins plays the receptionist role which is an homage to Janine Melnitz played by Annie Potts in the original.
In addition to Osric Chau playing Sam Winchester, the following Supernatural cast members appearing in the parody. Those starred with an asterix are playing versions of characters that appear in Ghostbusters:
- Misha Collins* (Janine Melnitz)
- Mark Pellegrino* (Slimer)
- Rob Benedict* (TV reporter)
- Curtis Armstrong* (Radio News Announcer)
- Richard Speight, Jr.* (Casey Casem)
- Alexander Calvert* (Winston Zeddmore)
- Charlie the Fan Impala* (Ghostbuster mobile)
- Jim Beaver
- Alaina Huffman
- Samantha Ferris
- Chad Lindberg
- Kim Rhodes
- Ruth Connell
- Julian Richings
- Kim Rhodes
- Briana Buckmaster
- Jake Abel
- Jared Padalecki
- Jensen Ackles
Supernatural Easter Eggs:
- The boys proton packs have items attached usually found in the weapons box in the Impala: a cross, Enochian inscribed knuckle dusters, a throwing star, as well as an angel banishing sigil. Each boys packs has their initials engraved on them as they did in the Impala and the table in the Bunker.
- The boys eating in the library in the Bunker, Dean not leaving his food behind.
- The Impala.
- Alaina Huffman as Audrey Elmer and Teddy the Suicidal Teddy Bear from 4.08 Wishful Thinking.
- The giant illuminated anti-possession symbol which is also on the Impala / Ecto-1 doors.
- The person as a sheet in the closet and the kitchen scene from the sitcom theme in 5.08 Changing Channels.
- Dean putting salt on the window ledge from 4.01 Lazarus Rising.
- Bobby Singer (Jim Beaver) and Bloody Mary and the giant mirror from 1.05 Bloody Mary.
- The boys wearing Hellhound Glasses.
- Rowena (Ruth Connell) booping Dean on the nose.
- Salt to stop ghosts.
- Giving Adam (played by Jake Abel) a "Get out of Hell Free" card. Adam is still in Lucifer's Cage, and it has become something of a running gag in fandom that he has only been mention once, in 10.05 Fan Fiction since his imprisonment.
- Richard Speight (Gabriel aka the Trickster) plays a newsreader called T. Rickster and has a tie with angels on it. He also references 1.02 Wendigo.
- As the TV reporter, Rob Benedict uses the boys mission line "Saving People, Hunting Things".
- Newspaper front page refers to Dick Roman.
- Misha (Janine) asks a caller whether, "It's an ordinary demon or does it have yellow eyes" -- a reference to Azazael.
- Dean is carries a [[Leviathan) head.
- Curtis Armstrong as the newsreader is on Angel Radio.
- Sam has a pair of ballet shoes -- a reference to the cursed shows in 7.16 Out with the Old.
- Crowley refers to the boys nicknames -- Squirrel and Moose.
- Dean's love of pie.
- The boys yelling "Sam and Dean" to each other.
- The tandem bike scene from 5.08 Changing Channels.
Aside from the theme song, and the general references such as Sam and Dean's outfits and proton packs, and the Ghostbuster mobile, the following specific scenes referencing Ghostbusters:
- Misha (Janine) taking the call for a job, the boys eating and then swinging into action in the Impala / Ecto-1.
- Dean (Venkman) faces off with Mark Pellegrino (Slimer) and then Sam (Stantz) finds him "slimed".
- The montage scene with the boys getting dressed in the motel room, newspaper front pages, the TV reporter, News Radio Guy and TV reporter (standing in for voice of Casey Casem on the radio in the movie).
- Misha (Janine) interviewing Alex (Zeddmore).